Flight Deck Responsible Engineer
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2023
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
As the flight deck responsible engineer, you’ll be responsible for the project management and build execution of the Quarterhorse Flight Deck - a.k.a. the “cockpit” of our remotely piloted aircrafts (RPAs). Your primary objective will be to deliver the pilot stations, engineering stations, IT infrastructure, and RF communications equipment to the flight test team. You’ll also be responsible for managing supply chain, logistics, and budget while collaborating closely with the avionics, flight software, flight test teams; as well as external parties (e.g., DoD ranges)
Check out our Mark1 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtvVdX8Cdr4&t=1s.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or qualified aviation technician with an A&P license
- Familiar with airfield operations
- Experience in a startup development environment or flight development program
- 3+ years of vehicle engineering or flight test experience
- Experience in avionics assembly, test, and/or installation
- Experience with development of flight critical hardware and/or software
- Focus and commitment to delivering aesthetic products
- Experience integrating software, hardware, and operations
- Willingness and excitement to travel during flight test operations
- Project management experience including task planning, schedule development, and budget management
- Strong leadership, communication, and team-building skills – with the ability to interface with a cross-discipline team
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to stand for extended periods - 8 hours min
- Ability to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
- Repetitive movement, bending or twisting, using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting
- Ability to obtain a clearance is desirable
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.