Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2023
Hermeus is an aerospace and defense technology company founded to radically accelerate air travel by delivering hypersonic aircraft. The company aims to develop hypersonic aircraft quickly and cost-effectively by integrating hardware-rich, iterative development with modern computing and autonomy. This approach has been validated through design, build, and test of the company’s first combined turbojet-ramjet engine and is now being scaled through its first flight vehicle program, Quarterhorse. Hermeus is also developing Darkhorse — an uncrewed hypersonic aircraft designed to deliver unique asymmetric capabilities to the warfighter.
The Manufacturing Team at Hermeus are the boots on the ground. We have a vast array of experiences ranging from welding, additive, tube bending, machining, integration, and avionics. We are a lean team who are responsible for building a vehicle that will fly. We provide crucial design feedback to our engineering team and can rapidly iterate on design and assembly.
The Opportunity and How You'll Impact Hermeus
- You will complete work order operations, quality buyoffs, and issuing hardware
- You will build mechanical engine and propulsion sub-assemblies
- You will proficiently use various mechanical tools
- You will maintain, troubleshoot, and install fluid and electromechanical components from a schematic or drawing
- You will work closely with engineers and leadership to develop and implement operational improvements focused on driving task times down and ease of repeatability
- You will rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
About You / Valued Experience
- Experience in a startup development environment
- Experience working in a flight development program
- A&P license is preferred, but not required
- Experience transitioning parts/assemblies from first article to production
- Own critical propulsion systems and hardware
- A&P license preferred
- Welding experience preferred (TIG/MIG)
- CAD/CAM experience preferred
- Basic shop knowledge of tools and equipment
- Previous systems development experience
- GSE build and operations experience
- Basic knowledge of GD&T as well as Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to take measurements using precision tools such as gauge pins, micrometers, depth gauges, scales, calipers, ball gauge, etc.
- Previous experience with integration and assembly of fluid and propulsion systems
- Powerplant / engine test operation experience
- Ability to design and fabricate his/her tooling necessary for safe/complete operations
- Experience supervising large lifts and rigging
- Previous experience with component level builds and tests including proofing, ATP, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in-situ on the floor and redline changes for engineering
- Work closely with engineers to develop and implement operational, design, and work instruction improvements
- Willingness to travel for test operations, etc.
- Solid understanding of test methods, setups, and date acquisition systems
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.