Program Manager, Aircraft Vehicles
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2023
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
At Hermeus, we are looking for an experienced Program Manager for Aircraft Vehicles to support the planning, execution, and delivery of our hypersonic aircraft vehicle programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the management of the overall program, ensuring it meets customer requirements, and is delivered on time and within budget. This candidate will directly report to the director of the vehicle program.
- Develop and execute program plans, budgets, and schedules to meet customer requirements and program objectives.
- Ensure timely and successful program execution by managing and communicating with cross-functional teams, including engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, and quality assurance.
- Ensure all program deliverables meet or exceed customer expectations, contractual requirements, and regulatory standards.
- Identify and mitigate risks and issues that may impact program schedule, cost, or quality.
- Communicate program status, risks, and issues to stakeholders, including customers, executive management, and other internal teams.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers and stakeholders to promote ongoing business and future opportunities.
- Participate in business development activities, including proposal development and customer presentations.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or a related field; Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in program management in the aviation/aerospace industry.
- Experience managing complex aircraft programs with significant engineering content, including aircraft development, modification, or production.
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of program management best practices, including risk management, earned value management, and project scheduling tools.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Security Clearance.
- Ability to obtain and maintain FAA DER Certification
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.