Director of Facilities
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2023
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
Hermeus is seeking an experienced Director of Facilities to lead our company's facility operations across the United States. This strategic role involves establishing new facilities and driving ongoing improvements. Join our dynamic startup and shape the future of air travel through state-of-the-art facilities.
- Develop and execute the facility strategy aligned with business goals.
- Manage facility planning, construction, maintenance, and improvement projects.
- Identify suitable locations for new facilities across the United States.
- Oversee facility design, construction, and regulatory compliance.
- Implement maintenance programs for safe and efficient operations.
- Drive continuous improvement in facility operations and energy efficiency.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to meet operational needs.
- Manage vendor relationships and optimize facility investments.
- Stay updated with facility management best practices.
- Coach and develop managers.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, facility management, or related field.
- Leadership experience in high-growth startups (100-1000 people).
- Strong understanding of facility management and regulatory requirements.
- Track record in establishing and improving facilities.
- Excellent leadership, project management, and communication skills.
- Strategic mindset and problem-solving abilities.
- Passion for creating state-of-the-art facilities.
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.