Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Purchasing Agent to support our mission of radically accelerating air travel. The successful candidate will play a critical role in developing and executing contractual relationships with our suppliers. Every day will be unique as you tackle shortages, resolve supplier performance issues, and control costs through negotiation.
The Opportunity and How You'll Impact Hermeus:
- You will integrate program, customer, product, and in-service strategies into source selection, negotiation, and contracting strategies.
- You will negotiate pricing and contract terms and conditions.
- You will prepare and execute negotiated contractual documents and binding agreements.
- You will conduct risk, issues, and opportunities management.
- You will manage supply and demand, schedules, supplier quality, delivery, and financial performance.
- You will initiate and execute supplier improvement activities and integrate results into contracting strategies.
- You will ensure product availability on a daily basis, managing forecast to commit, driving excellent supplier flexibility, and minimizing potential exposures.
- You will procure goods and services through the administration of purchase orders and subcontracts.
- You will manage supplier relationships and deliverables.
- You will work with Hermeus cross-functional teams to achieve established business goals and objectives
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, a technical discipline, or business
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in Supplier Management/Procurement as a Purchasing Agent or Buyer.
- Experience working directly with supplier management.
- Experience interpreting and/or enforcing contract terms and conditions.
- Familiarity with procurement/ERP systems
- Experience drafting, negotiating, and executing complex contracts and subcontracts.
- Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Department of Defense FAR Supplement (DFARS).
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.