Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
As the Facilities Expeditor, you will be responsible for enabling smooth facilities operations through attention to detail, organization, and a strong sense of urgency. The ideal candidate will be safety conscious, curious, willing to learn, and a strong team player. The ability to solve problems quickly and provide superior customer service will be essential to this role. This position will be non-exempt and will report to our Facility Manager.
- Facility Repair and Improvement – Perform routine and non-routine maintenance and improvements to facility which includes furniture assembly, HVAC duct work and filters, completion of work blemishes (painting), and general cleanliness of facility.
- Site 27 Escort – Escort weekly service vehicles to the Hermeus test site and other non-routine vendors as needed to support operations.
- Routine Inspections – Perform daily, weekly, and monthly inspections including fire extinguishers, forklift, cranes, PPE stations, and walkways.
- Assist with the coordination of vendors to complete assigned SOWs
- Assist other departments with simple builds with general use of hand tools.
- Assist with various material handling duties as needed.
- Perform ongoing tasks to keep the factory area safe, clean, and organized.
- 2+ years working in a warehouse, logistics facility, or related work environment
- Basic understanding of Windows and Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Experience driving a forklift
- Experience using hand tools
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.
See more open positions at Hermeus
Something looks off?