Marketing Associate (Temporary 6 months)
Heliogen is a renewable energy technology company focused on decarbonizing industry and empowering a sustainable civilization. Powered by AI, computer vision, and robotics, Heliogen’s concentrating solar thermal solutions turn sunlight into heat, steam, power or green hydrogen fuel to help industries such as mining, cement, steel, and transportation transition to clean energy. For ambitious business and technology professionals seeking to have a meaningful impact on climate change and the health of humanity and our planet, Heliogen offers the opportunity to address global challenges through collaboration with a world-class, dynamic team of forward-thinking leaders.
About this role:
We are actively seeking a proactive and ambitious Marketing Associate to join our mission driven team. If you are an individual with a passion for marketing, a hunger for learning, and a desire to contribute to innovative campaigns, this is an exciting opportunity for you.
The Marketing Associate is responsible for supporting our marketing initiatives and ensuring the smooth operation of our digital marketing channels, building visual assets, and supporting corporate communications activities. This individual will work under the supervision of the Communications Manager to assist with marketing coordination, event planning, materials procurement, and social media management.
Location: Pasadena, California
Working arrangement: Hybrid (3 days/week in the office)
In this role, you will:
Marketing Campaigns and Event Planning
- Coordinate logistics for marketing events including venue selection, attendee management, and event promotion.
- Work with internal and external teams to ensure successful campaign and event execution.
- Assist in tracking campaign performance and making necessary adjustments for optimization.
Marketing Coordination and Project Management
- Collaborate with team members to manage daily activities through project completion.
- Liaise with vendors, partners, and internal departments to facilitate smooth marketing operations.
- Plan and procure marketing materials and services needed for various marketing projects.
- Participate in creative brainstorming sessions to generate new marketing ideas and strategies.
Social Media Management
- Assist in creating engaging visual content for company's social media channels, under the supervision of the Communications Manager.
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends.
- Assist in tracking and analyzing social media metrics to gauge the success of social media campaigns and strategies.
Data Management and CRM Maintenance
- Monitor customer inquiries and customer data regularly to facilitate efficient follow up.
- Enter campaign data accurately and efficiently to track metrics for marketing campaigns.
- Generate reports from campaign data to help the team make informed decisions.
- Assist in analyzing marketing data to help shape future marketing strategies.
- College-level study or bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or advertising.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with social media platforms.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Experience managing a CRM, ideally Salesforce.
- Some Adobe Creative Cloud and WordPress experience preferred.
Heliogen was created at Idealab, the leading technology incubator, and became a public company (NYSE: HLGN) in December 2021. For more information about Heliogen, please visit heliogen.com.