Heliogen is a renewable energy technology company focused on decarbonizing industry and empowering a sustainable civilization. Powered by AI, computer vision, and robotics, Heliogen’s concentrating solar thermal solutions turn sunlight into heat, steam, power or green hydrogen fuel to help industries such as mining, cement, steel, and transportation transition to clean energy. For ambitious business and technology professionals seeking to have a meaningful impact on climate change and the health of humanity and our planet, Heliogen offers the opportunity to address global challenges through collaboration with a world-class, dynamic team of forward-thinking leaders.
About this role:
This is a hybrid role (3 days a week onsite) in either Pasadena, CA or Long Beach, CA
Join Heliogen as the Manager , Accounting and partner with the Director of Accounting to ensure the efficient and effective day-to-day operations of the Accounting Department. You will report to the Director of Accounting and perform daily, monthly, and quarterly accounting operations tasks supporting Heliogen’s mission, while maintaining a strong focus on personal and professional development in the areas of accounting operations, accounting process improvements and internal controls.
In this role, you will:
The successful Manager of Accounting will have strong analytical skills, thorough understanding of accounting principles generally accepted in the United States (“U.S. GAAP”), and a demonstrated ability to lead a small team. You will be supporting the day-to-day accounting functions for recurring and non-recurring corporate activity, month-end close, and quarterly reporting as follows:
- Analyze transactions and record journal entries in areas including, but not limited to payroll, share-based compensation, equity, cash, and investments.
- Work with the Accounts Payable team to ensure timely and accurate recording of corporate activities, vendor payables, and processing of payments to support business operations
- Manage and support recording and tracking of fixed assets
- Support the Company with quarterly and annual audit requests
- Manage process improvement activities for Accounting and Finance to enhance Accounting operations
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of professional accounting experience, with recent public company experience preferred
- Ability to productively manage a small team of two or more staff
- Working knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience preparing and/or reviewing journal entries
- Driven, self-motivated, and accountable
- Detail and deadline oriented with strong and efficient analytical skills
- Strong organization and communication skills, with an eagerness to engage with others
- Master’s degree in Accounting
- Big-4 public company auditing experience
- Experience in accounting operations positions
- Working knowledge of Oracle Fusion and related modules
- Significant preference will be given to individuals with Accounting Operations experience
- CPA strongly preferred
Heliogen was created at Idealab, the leading technology incubator, and became a public company (NYSE: HLGN) in December 2021. For more information about Heliogen, please visit heliogen.com.