Senior/Principal Structural Engineer
Heliogen is a renewable energy technology company focused on decarbonizing industry and empowering a sustainable civilization. Powered by AI, computer vision, and robotics, Heliogen’s concentrating solar thermal solutions turn sunlight into heat, steam, power or green hydrogen fuel to help industries such as mining, cement, steel, and transportation transition to clean energy. For ambitious business and technology professionals seeking to have a meaningful impact on climate change and the health of humanity and our planet, Heliogen offers the opportunity to address global challenges through collaboration with a world-class, dynamic team of forward-thinking leaders.
About this role:
The Process and Power Systems team is focused on the design and development of the next generation of our Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) plants. In this role, you will work closely with several team members in engineering, manufacturing, and outside consultants. This is a key role within the team that will lead the structural design efforts to challenge status-quo, develop innovative and cost-effective designs that work seamlessly within the larger framework of the current and future plants, and enable harnessing solar energy efficiently.
In this role, you will:
- Use your structural engineering skills to further the world’s transition to sustainable energy
- Serve as the structural engineering authority within Heliogen and provide mentorship to other engineers
- Design and analyze structural designs of towers for solar receivers and other CSP equipment support
- Work collaboratively in cross-functional teams to deliver next-gen civil and structural design for Heliogen
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from accredited university with a PE License
- 7+ years of experience in technical design development environments
- Proficient in 3D structural analysis and design software (ETABS/AutoCAD/STAAD Pro or similar)
- Experience interpreting and implementing relevant codes and standard for design (AISC/IBC etc.)
- Experience developing drawing and data packages for approval by regulatory bodies
- Willing and able to travel (10%) to provide on-site construction supervision and support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 10+ years of experience in technical design and development environment
- Experience with large industrial, infrastructure, or energy projects
- Track record of driving projects to successful completion.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and integrate latest information as it becomes available.
Heliogen was created at Idealab, the leading technology incubator, and became a public company (NYSE: HLGN) in December 2021. For more information about Heliogen, please visit heliogen.com.