Heliogen is a renewable energy technology company focused on decarbonizing industry and empowering a sustainable civilization. Powered by AI, computer vision, and robotics, Heliogen’s concentrating solar thermal solutions turn sunlight into heat, steam, power or green hydrogen fuel to help industries such as mining, cement, steel, and transportation transition to clean energy. For ambitious business and technology professionals seeking to have a meaningful impact on climate change and the health of humanity and our planet, Heliogen offers the opportunity to address global challenges through collaboration with a world-class, dynamic team of forward-thinking leaders.
About this role:
As a Solutions Engineer on the commercial team, you will own and manage activities related to ongoing development efforts around our renewable power, heat, and fuel applications. You will be accountable for activities including feasibility studies, performance modeling, commercial proposal development, and financial modeling in close collaboration with our sales and business development, engineering, and project development teams.
In this role, you will:
- Analyze customer applications and fit with Heliogen’s technology to ensure technical and commercial alignment.
- Plan, direct tasks, and support activities related to customer application development including performance modeling, engineering and development of customized solutions, financial analysis, and customer proposal development.
- Coordinate project delivery teams, provide technical/business interface, negotiate project scope changes with product engineering team and client.
- Plan, organize, and document work, present to internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering or related technical field
- Experience with computer modeling and analysis
- Possess a high degree of initiative and ability to work independently to meet customer and business expectations
- Able to contribute to group discussions, build relationships with a strong appetite for ambiguity and changes that comes with working in a startup environment.
- Commercial or public sector experience in energy, climate, or industry.
- Experience with project development, technical sales, engineering or business analysis, process engineering, or product development
- Familiarity with electricity transmission, interconnection, and rate structures or demonstrated interest in learning
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
Heliogen was created at Idealab, the leading technology incubator, and became a public company (NYSE: HLGN) in December 2021. For more information about Heliogen, please visit heliogen.com.