Supplier Quality Engineer
Heliogen is a renewable energy technology company focused on decarbonizing industry and empowering a sustainable civilization. Powered by AI, computer vision, and robotics, Heliogen’s concentrating solar thermal solutions turn sunlight into heat, steam, power or green hydrogen fuel to help industries such as mining, cement, steel, and transportation transition to clean energy. For ambitious business and technology professionals seeking to have a meaningful impact on climate change and the health of humanity and our planet, Heliogen offers the opportunity to address global challenges through collaboration with a world-class, dynamic team of forward-thinking leaders.
We require our suppliers to provide premium quality with rapidly evolving designs at increasingly ambitious volumes. We are actively looking for candidates who possess comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing and quality tools and have unrelenting motivation to enable suppliers for success. This position requires a combination of proven leadership and technical capabilities.
You Aspire To:
- Provide program leadership necessary to integrate the engineering, production, planning, manufacturing, and procurement groups to assure product quality, delivery, and cost achieves business and customer expectations
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with sourcing leaders to manage, implement and track supplier/engineering, design changes, capacity studies and New Product Introductions, and outsourcing.
- Research external market information and entrepreneurial companies to identify potential sources and suppliers
- Drive improvements utilizing Lean methodologies, supplier scorecards and supplier audits, ensuring supplier compliance, whilst driving systematic problem solving and process improvement plans to deliver value
- Review and assess supplier manufacturing processes and quality systems. Provide feedback to as appropriate on manufacturing methods and technologies. Manage supplier improvement plans.
- Develop/enhance transactional processes to gain organizational efficiency
- Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability is effective to meet product and process requirements
- Completed bachelor’s degree in an engineering field from an ABET accredited university.
- Minimum of 5 years in manufacturing or process engineering role.
- 50-75% travel to suppliers necessary.
- Experience with manufacturing, machined parts, fabricated components, or electrical assemblies.
- Technical capabilities including knowledge of 2D 'Blueprints' and 'Model drawings'.
- Knowledge of supplier quality processes (Production Part Approval Process, Advanced Product Quality Planning, First Article Inspection Reports, etc.)
- Experience with sharing information and influencing others (strong written and verbal communication skills, able to liaise cross functionally, internally and externally, make presentations to team members and management).
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and methods (Minitab, design of experiments, Six Sigma, etc.).
- Experience with capacity modeling, process mapping and fault analysis
- Pareto analysis, root cause and corrective action experience. Experience performing PFMEAs
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) experience
Heliogen was created at Idealab, the leading technology incubator, and became a public company (NYSE: HLGN) in December 2021. For more information about Heliogen, please visit heliogen.com.