Senior Mechanical Engineer (Manufacturing)
Heliogen is a renewable energy technology company focused on decarbonizing industry and empowering a sustainable civilization. Powered by AI, computer vision, and robotics, Heliogen’s concentrating solar thermal solutions turn sunlight into heat, steam, power or green hydrogen fuel to help industries such as mining, cement, steel, and transportation transition to clean energy. For ambitious business and technology professionals seeking to have a meaningful impact on climate change and the health of humanity and our planet, Heliogen offers the opportunity to address global challenges through collaboration with a world-class, dynamic team of forward-thinking leaders.
About this role:
Create and execute mechanical designs for high-volume production and automation. Work closely with Design, Manufacturing, and Automation Engineers to deliver production capable mechatronics. Leverage your analysis toolkit to ensure the production systems operate in a safe and reliable manner. Innovate on new tooling designs to allow rapid development of production systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with a minimum of 5 years work experience that includes hands-on experience in a medium to high volume manufacturing environment.
- Expertise with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) in either Ansys, Nastran/Patran, or other commercial package.
- Experience developing welded joints to AWS (or ISO or equivalent) standards.
- Demonstrable expertise in design of mechanisms and fixtures.
- Experience leveraging Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5 to ensure effective assembly of complex hardware.
- Experience with design for manufacture for CNC Machining, sheet metal fabrication, and structural steel framing.
- Expertise with 3D CAD such as Solidworks, Catia, Creo, Siemens NX, or similar.
- Excellent communicator, able to convey complex concepts to multidisciplinary teams.
- Manufacturing or Production experience preferably in the automotive, aerospace, or commercial electronics industries or similar.
- Experience implementing Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), and PFMEA (Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis).
- Working knowledge of 3D Printing including Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM), Stereolithography (SLA), and Selective Laser Sintering (SLS)
- Demonstrable experience designing robot end effectors for high-volume production.
- AWS Certified Welding Engineer.
- Solidworks specific experience.
Heliogen was created at Idealab, the leading technology incubator, and became a public company (NYSE: HLGN) in December 2021. For more information about Heliogen, please visit heliogen.com.
Something looks off?