Senior Financial Platform Engineer
At Harness, we’re building a financial network that connects Payments to Purpose. We work with thousands of companies to make it easy for millions of people to program their payment cards to “do more with every payment.” Our products are used by everyone from local non-profits to global financial institutions and are supported by the world’s largest card networks, including Visa and Mastercard. Harness is a remote-first company with a mission-driven culture that values transparency, trust and teamwork.
Our Financial Platform team builds the infrastructure and APIs necessary for our product teams and external customers to launch novel payments solutions on debit and credit card rails. As a software engineer on the team, you will be responsible for building scalable and resilient infrastructure that manages live financial transaction data, money movement and card network integrations. Your customers will rely on your APIs to launch products that allow nonprofits and banks to engage with their communities around social good and giving.
- Build and evolve essential systems within our platform, used by the organization and an important strategic asset of Harness.
- Design high-volume, low-latency, distributed transaction processing systems, making thoughtful trade-offs between consistency and availability when both are not possible
- Abstract away the established APIs of the financial world into developer-friendly service APIs for Harness’ products to build upon
- Build systems that manage customers' sensitive data and hold Harness to the highest standards for security and compliance
- Design, develop and launch new APIs for use by 3rd party developers
- Collaborate with other experienced developers, sharing best practices, reviewing code and growing with each other
- 5+ Years of designing, building and supporting high scale, low latency production systems
- Strong product interest with platform-building experience
- Tactical and strategic leadership experience on medium/large-scale software projects
- [Bonus] Experience working with financial systems
This position requires candidates are located and legally authorized to work in the United States. Starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experiences, qualifications, work location and market conditions. The current salary range for this position is $155,000-$200,000 USD per year.