Customer Success Associate - Customer Support Team (Contractor)
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We're a remote-first company - just let us know where you prefer to work from!
Why we need you
We have the best customers, and our company will succeed or fail based on the experience they have with their Glowforge. Because of you, they will rave to their friends about the outstanding support you provide, and that will help our business grow.
You are someone who goes through life asking, “what is the problem that is trying to be solved?” and then working on solutions. A very strong desire to understand “why?” When customers turn to us for help you will be the first one there to turn things around -- your courtesy and technical expertise will leave them warmly supported and glowing with delight. They'll feel how care and support them, and they'll be appreciative of the clarifying questions you ask and how clear you make complex things.
This is an hourly, contract position.
Here's what you'll do:
- You’re going to learn our hardware, software, firmware, materials, and designs inside and out and use this knowledge to troubleshoot and resolve customer challenges - in the app, with the mechanics of their printer, and the designs and materials they're using
- You’ll work through email, phone, chat, sms, or any other forum or tool the company may require. You can support our customers where they are.
- You'll listen, empathize, be patient, and problem-solve.
- We’ll give you access to a knowledge base and you'll notice patterns, write excellent bug reports, work with colleagues and leaders to determine solutions, and describe something complicated in simple steps so that customers can get back to printing happily.
- You’ll be an extraordinary teammate, sharing ideas and partnering throughout the day. With our customers you’ll keep a positive disposition and level head even during the worst of times.
You need these qualifications:
- Experience supporting customers or an equivalent combination of experience and advanced education
- Experience with customer service in multiple support channels, including but not limited to inbound and outbound phones, chat, email, SMS, and video chat.
- A track record of being a powerful customer advocate and problem-solver.
- You’re profoundly curious and have proven technical expertise in your hobbies or work
- Ability to critically think and respond to customers strategically and thoughtfully, even when circumstances are ambiguous or dynamic.
- You write well, communicate clearly, and listen actively.
It would be nice if you have...
- Experience providing superb technical support by email, chat, phone or forum.
- Experience working from home with geographically distributed teams
- Passion about what Glowforge is building
- You have experience troubleshooting web-based applications across multiple browser / OS versions and platforms (Chrome / Safari / etc, Windows, MacOS, Android, etc.)
- A love of making things, knitting, 3D printing, furniture building, it doesn’t matter what.
In your cover letter, in addition to whatever you’d like to say, please tell us about the product or feature you’re most proud of in your portfolio. What about it makes you grin from ear to ear?
There's one more very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com. We'd love to have you join us.
See more open positions at Glowforge
Something looks off?