Technical Support Associate
IT, Customer Service
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2023
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We're a remote-first company - just let us know where you prefer to work from!
Why we need you
We have the best customers, and our company will succeed or fail based on the experience they have with their Glowforge. When customers experience a challenge, they’ll come to us expecting us to make it right. That’s where you come in. You are their hero.
When our customers encounter difficulties, whether it’s the Glowforge app, the internals of their Glowforge, the design they’re working with or the materials they’re using, you’ll help them get back on track. You’ll ask great questions, notice the latest patterns, write excellent bug reports, and figure out how to describe that really complicated thing in really simple steps so that they can get back to printing happily.
This is an hourly, contract position.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- Learning! You’re going to learn our hardware, software, firmware, materials and designs inside and out.
- Communicate elegantly. You’ll respond to our customer’s complex questions about all things Glowforge in various communication channels.
- Troubleshoot the tricky questions. Why did a customer’s Glowforge unit make that noise? Is the laser supposed to do that? Why did that thing not work?
- Writing. You’ll create both technical troubleshooting documents that are used by the team internally and self service articles that get our customers back on track.
- Improving. In between customer interactions, you’ll notice patterns and come up with ideas about what we can do to improve. You’ll help us tune our processes to make things perfect for our customers.
- Breathing. You’ll keep a positive disposition and level head even during the worst of times - like late on a holiday when a customer is rightfully upset because something’s broken, and you’re the only one they have to talk to about it.
You need these qualifications
- Experience supporting customers in a technical support role or an equivalent combination of experience and advanced education
- You have professional experience working closely with a variety of people helping them solve their technical problems.
- You are a clear and thoughtful writer who can explain complex topics simply, and you listen like a champion.
- You are insatiably curious, and always want to get to the bottom of mysteries, not just get rid of them.
It would be nice if…
- You’re experienced with one or more design tools like Illustrator, Photoshop, Inkscape, or CAD programs.
- You have experience working with 3D printers, CNC mills, laser cutter/engravers, or other fabrication technology
- Your motto is “I can fix that.” You are the person who family and friends go to for answers when their technology isn’t working, and you love it.
- You have worked at a rapidly growing startup.
- You love making things - knitting, woodworking, 3D printing, furniture building - it doesn’t matter what.
In your cover letter, in addition to whatever you’d like to say, please tell us about the product or feature you’re most proud of in your portfolio. What about it makes you grin from ear to ear?
There's one more very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com. We'd love to have you join us.
See more open positions at Glowforge
Something looks off?