Senior Analyst, Accounting
IT, Accounting & Finance
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Hey there, welcome to Foxtrot.
We’re the digitally-native evolution of the corner store—the one-stop-shop for those seeking thoughtful food experiences that are a reflection of themselves and their city. We offer a handpicked curation of daily essentials in-store and delivered in as little as 30 minutes, via our app and website.
Alongside our investors like Almanac Insights, Momofuku founder David Chang, Sweetgreen co-founder/co-chief executive officer Nicolas Jammet, and most recently D1 Capital Partners, we’re building an omni-channel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our storefronts offer the most-loved aspects of the neighborhood: beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of locally-sourced coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax in, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day. And all in a space that joins mindful people, brands, and goods to create a community of discovery and joy. And our swift app and online store further highlight the Foxtrot experience, delivering a new kind of convenience that brings the store straight to your door.
Since launching in 2013, we now operate in Chicago, DC, Dallas, and Austin, rapidly scaling nationwide.
About the Role:
As Foxtrot’s Senior Analyst, Accounting, you will work on the Accounting team to maintain accurate financial records, create timely and actionable reports, and conduct financial analyses that support data-driven decisions. Your work will shape business priorities and influence the company’s strategic direction. The role will require you to maintain a balance of addressing short-term high-priority tactical business needs with longer-term initiatives that require “big-picture” thinking and new process development. You will actively participate in the organization's bookkeeping, auditing, and financial reporting efforts, playing a critical role within Foxtrot’s Finance team.
- Support ongoing bookkeeping and month-end close process, including preparing journal entries, reconciliations, and analyzing variances to budgets
- Produce timely, accurate, and actionable financial reporting
- Identify and implement process improvements within our Accounting function, including optimizing our ERP and other software integrations
- Complete ad-hoc analyses supporting operational leaders on business priorities
- Diagnose and pinpoint areas for improvement within the organization (cost reductions, changes to stale processes/systems) as you evaluate the company’s financial health and performance to help develop Foxtrot’s strategic direction
- 2+ years Accounting experience, preferably at a retailer
- Experience in system implementation and demonstrated ability to redesign processes for efficiency
- A structured thinker who is data-driven and has a bias for action
- Track record of success in working collaboratively, identifying and resolving issues independently, and generating results
- Organized and disciplined with strong time management abilities
- Experience with Netsuite preferred
- Possesses a sense of urgency in line with startup company culture
And we couldn’t round this out without mentioning some of the perks of working here, right? Beyond free coffee and cafe drinks, you’ll also enjoy our comprehensive (and growing) benefits program, 401(k) with an employer match, discounts while shopping, and more!
*certain program & eligibility rules do apply*
Foxtrot is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify
Foxtrot provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
Foxtrot participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.