Talent Engagement Manager
People & HR
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2023
Hey there, welcome to Foxtrot.
We’re the digitally-native evolution of the corner store—the one-stop-shop for those seeking thoughtful food experiences that are a reflection of themselves and their city. We offer a handpicked curation of daily essentials in-store and delivered in as little as 30 minutes, via our app and website.
Alongside our investors like Almanac Insights, Momofuku founder David Chang, Sweetgreen co-founder/co-chief executive officer Nicolas Jammet, and most recently D1 Capital Partners, we’re building an omni-channel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our storefronts offer the most-loved aspects of the neighborhood: beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of locally-sourced coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax in, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day. And all in a space that joins mindful people, brands, and goods to create a community of discovery and joy. And our swift app and online store further highlight the Foxtrot experience, delivering a new kind of convenience that brings the store straight to your door.
Since launching in 2013, we now operate in Chicago, DC, Dallas, and Austin, rapidly scaling nationwide.
About the Role
At Foxtrot we are reimagining the corner store and committed to growing our brand through innovation & experiences. In order for us to accomplish this, we are reimagining our employee experience to create the future of Foxtrot through a hyper focus on our people & their engagement & development.
Come join us as Talent Engagement Manager, this role is for someone who wants to play a huge part in the development & growth of our team to support Foxtrot’s growth. We are looking for an enthusiastic & self-motivated individual who will provide expertise, support, coaching and collaboration with our leaders to support engagement, talent planning, effectiveness, DEI & performance management to drive meaningful impact to our business & people.
- Engagement - Identify, measure and monitor employee engagement within a geographic market and/or individual Foxtrot location, and regularly initiate proactive solutions for enhancing our team members’ experience at Foxtrot, throughout the employee lifecycle. Including pulse & stay interviews that drive understanding & proactive solutions to the needs of our teams.
- Create the Future (through talent planning): Work with Talent & Ops team to define, build & execute a talent strategy that meets business needs & clearly defines a career path for the future of Foxtrot including proactively identifying talent pipelines for critical roles & new store openings.
- Collaboration - Be a partner, share insights & potential solutions with Operations, HR, Recruiting & Learning & Development teams to ensure that we support & grow our team’s capabilities.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - Drive diversity, equity and inclusion across the organization, both personally (as a role model) and programmatically.
- Performance Management - Build performance-based relationships with managers and leaders, ensuring outstanding performance is recognized and rewarded, and alternatively, performance gaps are identified and addressed through training & development.
- Change Management - Serve as key change agent on new initiatives, programs, and processes to positively impact the organizational culture. A focus on supporting field leaders & managers on how to adapt new initiatives, how to communicate to teams & be solution oriented.
- Communication: Prepares and presents summaries and communication around key talent capabilities for the future, risks to be managed, and plans to address gaps
Qualifications & Experience:
- You’ve got progressive experience within Core HR, Talent Acquisition or Learning & Development at brand-led, high-growth organizations, preferably at least 1 year in a People function role supporting retail or hospitality populations.
- You have core knowledge of HR fundamentals
- You’re a strong written and verbal communicator, and have a proven ability to modify your communication style and approach based on your audience
- You have strong business acumen and the ability to understand all business metrics with an emphasis on people in order to seek further opportunities for HR to impact and add value to the business
- Experience in mentoring and leadership coaching
- You take pride in building, developing and growing highly-productive, diverse, and engaged teams.
- You have success in leading change efforts across a vast and ever changing organizationKnowledge of leadership, management, organizational development assessments, protocols, change management strategies and processes
- You are based in Chicagoland area and excited to work alongside our in-person retail teams, this role will require you to be in the field on a regular basis.
And we couldn’t round this out without mentioning some of the perks of working here, right? Beyond all the coffee you can drink, you’ll also enjoy our comprehensive (and growing) benefits program, 401(k) with an employer match, discounts while shopping, and more!
*certain program & eligibility rules do apply*
Foxtrot is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify
Foxtrot provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
Foxtrot participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.