People & HR, Operations
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 9, 2022
Hey there, we’re Foxtrot.
Foxtrot is the digitally native evolution of the corner store – a one-stop shop for those seeking thoughtful curation that’s a reflection of themselves and their city – offering a curated collection of daily essentials in-store and delivered in under an hour via our app and website.
Our spaces offer all the most-loved aspects of neighborhood cafes – beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of freshly brewed coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day – while bringing together mindful people, brands and goods to create a community of discovery and joy.
Since launching our native app in 2013, we now operate a robust e-commerce business and have opened 20+ retail stores in Chicago, DC Dallas, and Austin, and are rapidly scaling to take this first-of-its-kind omnichannel brand nationwide.
About the Role
As a Commissary Shift Supervisor, you will be responsible for overseeing food preparation, supplies, shifts, and monitoring inventory levels. In addition to being an excellent communicator, you should also demonstrate outstanding leadership and organizational abilities.
Our commissary operations is supports 15 stores in Chicago and the kitchen is located in Pilsen at 2136 S. Peoria St.
- Assists in a “hands-on” manner with maximizing efficiency and quality in each work area.
- Acts as the point-person for their designated work group, and is held accountable for meeting production numbers, keeping the work area safe, organized, clean and sanitary.
- Ensures kitchen equipment is properly maintained and functioning.
- Escalates team concerns and issues to Commissary managers, in order to promptly address and find resolution.
- Train kitchen employees in designated stations.
- Serves as a role model and leads by example.
- Reports daily production, performance, and quality metrics from shift.
- Communicate needs for ordering: materials, supplies, and ingredients based on demand.
- Oversee the food preparation and cooking process.
- Recruit and train kitchen employees in designated stations.
- Monitor inventory levels and perform weekly inventory assessments.
- Store all food products in compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Ensure the kitchen is clean and organized and also working with health and safety regulations in mind.
- Must maintain a food safety management-level certification.
Qualifications & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; culinary arts courses/certifications or related degree a plus
- 1-2 years experience supervising and/or managing kitchen staff and working with inventory and food ordering
- Experience working as a line or prep cook
- Exude confidence in cooking skills and abilities
- Proven ability to lead a team and communicate efficiently (written and spoken)
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Ability to stand on your feet for several hours
- Ability to comply with all sanitation procedures
- Weekend and holiday availability
And we couldn't round this out without mentioning some of the perks of working here, right?
Medical, Dental & Vision.
Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
401(k) Plan with an Annual Company Match.
Paid Sick Leave.
20% Employee Discount on All Foxtrot Purchases.
Complimentary Family Meal Daily.
Employee Assistance Programs.
Holiday Premium Pay.
Merit Increases & Incentive Pay Programs.
Growth & Advancement Opportunities.
Foxtrot Swag, Fun Product Sampling, Giveaways and more!
1st Shift and no food production on Sunday - majority of commissary team is able to enjoy this day off
Referral bonus program
* program & eligibility rules do apply
Foxtrot is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify
Foxtrot provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law. Foxtrot participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.