MEA Consumer Junior Research Contractor
Posted on Monday, February 5, 2024
Thank you for your interest in this position with FrontierView, a wholly-owned subsidiary of FiscalNote. The recruitment for this role is being managed by FiscalNote's Recruiting team (parent company), so you are in the right place! Please continue to review this opportunity and apply at your interest. We are excited to review your background. Thank you!
About the Position
The contractor will report to the head of EMEA Research, and will be responsible for supporting the team’s monitoring of economic and regulatory developments in the Middle East and Africa region especially related to the consumer and retail sectors. This position is remote, with short term initial contract subject to extension. It is a junior research contractor role, requiring 0 - 2 years work experience.
About the FrontierView Global Research Team
The contractor will be part of FrontierView’s global research team. The global research team produces all syndicated content for FrontierView’s client base of several thousand senior executives at multinational organizations. The team combines regional knowledge, macroeconomic and political insights, and business acumen to provide impactful analysis, forecasts, and executional advice for a senior executive audience. The team works in close collaboration with the commercial team in supporting FrontierView’s growth strategy and ongoing client relationships.
The contractor will conduct ongoing research and analysis, including policy and sectoral analysis, economic research, and monitoring of a select set of markets in the Middle East and Africa (MEA). They will receive daily coaching, feedback, and support as part of our collaborative, meritocratic team culture.
The contractor will have strong research skills, able to scan a variety of publicly available resources to execute thorough research on given topics. Ability to organize findings, to communicate effectively in written English and to identify further areas of research will be critical.
What To Expect In This Position
- Day-to-day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting primary and secondary research to monitor consumer and retail sector developments in the MEA region, and analyzing their implications on multinational companies
- Supporting the creation of analysis and presentations that advise high level executives in multinational companies on business implications of economic and political developments in the MEA region
- Writing research deliverables that are concise and impactful for a senior executive reader
- Monitoring and updating data related to the consumer sector in select MEA markets
- To further the contractor’s development, we will:
- Expose them to different facets of emerging markets research
- Provide a stimulating and collaborative work environment
- Develop their research and analytical skills based on their areas of interest
- Provide them an opportunity to listen in on discussions with senior executives, to see how firms utilize macroeconomic analysis in their business planning
- Provide constructive feedback and coaching to ensure skill development
What Sets You Apart
- A Bachelor's or preferably a Master’s degree from a top-tier academic institution
- Demonstrated knowledge of the MEA region through academic and/or professional research experience. An understanding of the current socio-political and economic environment in the region is particularly key
- Excellent communication skills in English (writing, editing, and presenting) are required
- Working proficiency in Arabic, Turkish, or French is strongly preferred
- Strong economics knowledge, demonstrated through academic coursework or practical experience. Candidates should be able to apply macroeconomic principles to real-life country developments and draw conclusions about future trends and implications
- Demonstrated research experience (in academic or professional setting) including hypothesis-testing, structuring complex research projects, primary and secondary research, survey-building, and other research techniques
- Familiarity with excel and quantitative economic analysis
- Personal experience in the MEA region, including traveling, studying, or working in key markets in the region
Excited about this role, but don't meet 100% of the expected qualifications listed above? We'd still love for you to apply! FiscalNote is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where unique experiences are valued and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Research has continuously shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all of the listed qualifications. We want to help overcome this trend and seek to make space for unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when applying to FiscalNote, rest assured that your application is reviewed by a living, breathing human being and evaluated based on key competencies needed for success in the position. Our Recruiting team maintains awareness of all open roles which means your application may be assessed against multiple positions and we will reach out to gauge your interest in other opportunities as appropriate. Questions or concerns? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, we'd be happy to connect!
As part of FiscalNote's commitment to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with medical conditions or disabilities that will enable their access to the hiring process. If you need an accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request.
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
FiscalNote supports our people by enabling team members with flexibility and benefits to promote well-being and balance, ensuring all FiscalNoters can bring their authentic selves to work. We start by offering competitive salaries, retirement accounts, and equity packages to ensure we’re all FN owners. Plus, our comprehensive benefits packages align with regional requirements and expectations no matter where you are located across the globe. Learn more at https://careers.fiscalnote.com/benefits/.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.