Cyber Analyst, Dragonfly - Application Deadline Friday 2/16
Posted on Monday, February 5, 2024
Thank you for your interest in this position with Dragonfly, a wholly-owned subsidiary of FiscalNote. The recruitment for this role is being managed by FiscalNote's Recruiting team (parent company), so you are in the right place! Please continue to review this opportunity and apply at your interest. We are excited to review your background. Thank you!
About the Position
An intelligence analyst working on Dragonfly’s cyber desk. This is a full-time, permanent position, based in our London offices. The analyst will work at the Associate to Senior Associate level depending on the successful candidate’s experience and competencies. The Cyber Analyst is contracted to work 40 hours a week, though additional work may be occasionally required depending on specific projects or international travel.
Application Deadline Friday 2/16/24
Hybrid from the Office (London - Canary Wharf) - Thursdays are an in Office Team Day with one other in person day Tuesday or Wednesday.
About the Team
The cyber team is responsible for Dragonfly’s coverage of geopolitical risks as they pertain to the cyber domain, primarily for its Security Intelligence and Analysis Service (SIAS). This service provides anticipatory security and strategic intelligence for global businesses and international organisations. There are two analysts in the team, of which this is the more senior position and therefore involves some line managing/mentoring.
Your primary responsibility as Cyber Analyst is to conduct desk-based open source research, production of non-technical (geo)political and security risk assessments, human source cultivation and development in relevant topic areas. You will prepare and deliver reports, presentations and briefings providing briefings to clients and other audiences.
What to Expect in This Position
- Preparation of near client ready SIAS research, analysis, written reports, client warnings and verbal briefings to agreed deadlines.
- Conduct open source research in support of timely and high quality security intelligence and political risk analysis and assessments.
- Develop and maintain our resources, including human intelligence sources, subcontractors, data feeds and open source networks.
- Delivery of high quality project work within agreed timescales, seeking guidance where required.
- Giving clear taskings to researchers set out appropriate deadlines and deliverables.
- Providing direction and peer review to peers and junior analysts, including providing constructive feedback.
- Being proactive in dealing day to day operational tasks and ensuring team delivery demands are met. This is likely to include providing support, for example research, on regions or topics that are outside of the individual’s expertise, as well as reviewing and coordinating on our Travel Risk Monitor, TerrorismTracker, Requests for Information and other ad hoc requirements.
- Seek guidance, support and training from peers and senior colleagues when appropriate.
- Provide responsive customer service.
- Develop positive working relationships with clients and prospects.
- Represent and advocate for the Dragonfly brand, particularly our geopolitical-related cyber capabilities.
- Identify commercial and marketing opportunities and engage with appropriate colleagues.
- Maintain accurate records of client correspondence and interaction.
- Gathering, Organising & Evaluating Intelligence & Information
- You take an innovative approach to research and monitoring.
- You are able to train and mentor junior researchers on professional grade research methods and how they present research for analytical usage.
- You effectively initiate, develop and maintain relationships with appropriate sources (particularly subject matter experts and local contacts)
- You are able to assess people's reliability as a source, including motivations, biases and credibility, access to information.
- Analysis and Assessment
- You think creatively and critically about your problem.
- You make analytical judgements, based on evidence and reason, without concerns about being proven wrong.
- You test and challenge the reasoning and analytical judgements of others, supporting your team.
- You make probabilistic judgements in accordance with our methodologies, even where intelligence gaps exist.
- Written & Visual Communication of Intelligence Assessment
- You draft assessments accurately, clearly and concisely.
- You ensure all information and intelligence presented is relevant to the requirement.
- You articulate complex matters clearly and concisely. You present information in a way that aids comprehension.
- You apply house style fluently and skilfully.
- You are able to guide others and provide review and feedback on optimising the presentation of research, intelligence, analysis and assessments.
- Interpersonal, management and leadership skills
- You share open and honest insights with team members to help them build their self-awareness and understand their impact.
- You support the development of a trusting and respectful work environment that embraces and values diversity.
- You ensure your line reports understand how their personal goals align to their area and to business objectives.
- Informing decision-making
- You demonstrate informed, and empathic insight into the roles and typical decisions of our clients, and anticipate their future challenges, decisions and changes they may face.
- You structure conversations with clients to refine and classify questions to ensure you have fully captured and understood their requirements.
- You refine client requirements and manage expectations by identifying where and how an intelligence assessment can and cannot add value.
Excited about this role, but don't meet 100% of the expected qualifications listed above? We'd still love for you to apply! FiscalNote is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where unique experiences are valued and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Research has continuously shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all of the listed qualifications. We want to help overcome this trend and seek to make space for unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when applying to FiscalNote, rest assured that your application is reviewed by a living, breathing human being and evaluated based on key competencies needed for success in the position. Our Recruiting team maintains awareness of all open roles which means your application may be assessed against multiple positions and we will reach out to gauge your interest in other opportunities as appropriate. Questions or concerns? Contact email@example.com, we'd be happy to connect!
As part of FiscalNote's commitment to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with medical conditions or disabilities that will enable their access to the hiring process. If you need an accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
FiscalNote supports our people by enabling team members with flexibility and benefits to promote well-being and balance, ensuring all FiscalNoters can bring their authentic selves to work. We start by offering competitive salaries, retirement accounts, and equity packages to ensure we’re all FN owners. Plus, our comprehensive benefits packages align with regional requirements and expectations no matter where you are located across the globe. Learn more at https://careers.fiscalnote.com/benefits/.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.