Consumer Research Contractor, LATAM, Brazil
Posted on Monday, February 5, 2024
Thank you for your interest in this position with FrontierView, a wholly-owned subsidiary of FiscalNote. The recruitment for this role is being managed by FiscalNote's Recruiting team (parent company), so you are in the right place! Please continue to review this opportunity and apply at your interest. We are excited to review your background. Thank you!
About the Position
The intern will support FrontierView's macroeconomic research team, providing support with research, analysis, and content preparation for a number of topics relating to Brazil's consumer landscape. Notably, the intern will be responsible for helping expand our consumer-trends offering with more robust qualitative and quantitative analysis of consumer trends and indicators in Brazil. The intern will also have the opportunity to attend virtual calls and meetings with clients, while participating in training and coaching sessions.
• Internship from February to December with the opportunity to extend
• Remote work, with the possibility of attending events in person
• 30 hours per week (flexible hours)
About FrontierView’s Global Research Team
The intern will be part of FrontierView’s global research team. The global research team produces all syndicated content for FrontierView’s client base of several thousand senior executives at multinational organizations. The team combines regional knowledge, macroeconomic and political insights, and business acumen to provide impactful analysis, forecasts, and executional advice for a senior executive audience. They work in close collaboration with the commercial team in supporting FrontierView’s growth strategy and ongoing client relationships.
We’re looking for a researcher with strong qualitative and quantitative skills to provide valuable insights and strategic recommendations to consumer goods companies. Your primary focus will be on understanding market trends, consumer behavior, channel management, and retail performance to support decision making and business growth of consumer goods companies. Strong research skills, independence, and passion for understanding the underlying factors impacting consumer spending outlook in Brazil will be key for this role.
What To Expect in This Position
- Analyzing economic and political trends that would impact pricing and demand planning strategies in Brazil
- Passion for understanding consumer behavior, market dynamics, and emerging trends that significantly impact consumer goods companies
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for exploring diverse data sources, industry reports, and markets trends to uncover valuable consumer-specific insights
- Strong problem solving skills coupled with a creative mindset to connect data points and derive meaningful insights relevant consumer goods companies
- Writing research deliverables that are concise and impactful for a senior executive audience
What Sets You Apart
- Undergraduate degree in International Relations, Administration, Economics, other related areas
- Fluency in Portuguese required
- Experience with Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint and Excel)
- Familiarity with statistical analysis tools and software (R, Python, STATA) is a plus
- Intermediary English
- Knowledge of macroeconomic fundamentals and experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research, such as surveys and interviews
- Strong research capabilities and ability to find, organize, and critically evaluate information from a range of local and international sources
- Understanding of channel management and consumer behavior trends
Excited about this role, but don't meet 100% of the expected qualifications listed above? We'd still love for you to apply! FiscalNote is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where unique experiences are valued and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Research has continuously shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all of the listed qualifications. We want to help overcome this trend and seek to make space for unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when applying to FiscalNote, rest assured that your application is reviewed by a living, breathing human being and evaluated based on key competencies needed for success in the position. Our Recruiting team maintains awareness of all open roles which means your application may be assessed against multiple positions and we will reach out to gauge your interest in other opportunities as appropriate. Questions or concerns? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, we'd be happy to connect!
As part of FiscalNote's commitment to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with medical conditions or disabilities that will enable their access to the hiring process. If you need an accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request.
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
FiscalNote supports our people by enabling team members with flexibility and benefits to promote well-being and balance, ensuring all FiscalNoters can bring their authentic selves to work. We start by offering competitive salaries, retirement accounts, and equity packages to ensure we’re all FN owners. Plus, our comprehensive benefits packages align with regional requirements and expectations no matter where you are located across the globe. Learn more at https://careers.fiscalnote.com/benefits/.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.