IT, Accounting & Finance
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
About the Position
The Financial Analyst reports to the VP, FP&A, and is a key member of the finance team. The analyst will assist with financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting, and analysis. The position is a key liaison with other department leads to ensure alignment across the organization.
About the Finance Team at FiscalNote
As we ramp up in revenue, team size, acquisitions and outside investments, our finance team ensures clarity, consistency, and transparency surrounding our rapidly advancing financial position. Charged to understand everything about startup and SaaS finance and accounting, the finance team fuels growth with its finger always on the pulse of the company’s financial affairs.
What to Expect in this Position
- Partner with various business leaders and provide financial analysis to improve decision making
- Assist in the forecasting process, whether that is monthly forecasts, annual budgets, or long-term plans
- Facilitate communication between business units and senior leadership on expense management and revenue expectations
- Partner with accounting to ensure data integrity in systems such as Salesforce and NetSuite and review accounting’s month end close
- Assist with any due diligence requests whether it is for potential investors and/or future acquisitions
- Assist in integrating recently acquired acquisitions
- Assist in ad-hoc deliverables within the company including but not limited to, building financial models, conducting margin analysis, and providing custom financial views
- Assist in creating reports and dashboards related to variance analysis, KPI, historical financials, headcount analysis etc. in the Adaptive platform to tell the story behind the numbers
What Sets You Apart
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related discipline and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2-4 years of finance experience, FP&A related experience is a plus
- Impeccable communication leveraging finance acumen, organizational, and analytical skills
- Advanced excel skills. Experience with Adaptive, Netsuite, Salesforce, and Microsoft Office Suite a plus
- Driven and self-motivated to perform at the highest level in a start-up environment
- Strong understanding of revenue and expense recognition, SaaS metrics, financial statements
Excited about this role, but don't meet 100% of the expected qualifications listed above? We'd still love for you to apply! FiscalNote is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where unique experiences are valued and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Research has continuously shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all of the listed qualifications. We want to help overcome this trend and seek to make space for unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when applying to FiscalNote, rest assured that your application is reviewed by a living, breathing human being and evaluated based on key competencies needed for success in the position. Our Recruiting team maintains awareness of all open roles which means your application may be assessed against multiple positions and we will reach out to gauge your interest in other opportunities as appropriate. Questions or concerns? Contact email@example.com, we'd be happy to connect!
As part of FiscalNote's commitment to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with medical conditions or disabilities that will enable their access to the hiring process. If you need an accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
FiscalNote supports our people by enabling team members with flexibility and benefits to promote well-being and balance, ensuring all FiscalNoters can bring their authentic selves to work. We start by offering competitive salaries, retirement accounts, and equity packages to ensure we’re all FN owners. Plus, our comprehensive benefits packages align with regional requirements and expectations no matter where you are located across the globe. Learn more at https://careers.fiscalnote.com/benefits/.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.