Manager/Director, Client Success
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2024
About the Position
Our Manager/Director, Client Success manages and leads a team of Client Success Managers to promote product adoption, manage risk and showcase ROI to FiscalNote’s clients and drive gross retention across a portfolio of mid-market and enterprise clients. Adept at change management, the Manager/Director, Client Success understands how to foster strong collaborative and engaged teams while holding tight accountability to established processes and goals. This role is critical to understanding risk and opportunity within their team’s client base and is able to present data-driven insights clearly to FiscalNote leadership.
About the Client Support & Success Team at FiscalNote
The FiscalNote Client Success team is dedicated to providing a holistic, supportive experience to our clients. From onboarding to crafting strategic best practices to comprehensive technical support, the team strives to put the clients’ needs first every day. We are dynamic, hard-working, and driven individuals who thrive in an open team structure where there are constant learning opportunities and room for growth. For us, client success is about taking on new challenges, helping our clients as much as possible, and having fun while we do it.
Empathetic, Client-focused, Driven. You understand the importance and role of software in transforming a team’s or individual’s capabilities, and you are eager to help FiscalNote clients unlock the full capabilities of their software tools to that end. You have a passion for Government Affairs, technology, and data and find great enjoyment in helping others. Finally, you are data- and metrics-driven, and you do what it takes to help your team and their clients meet ambitious goals.
What To Expect In This Position
- Lead and coach a team of 6-10 mid-market and enterprise Client Success Managers who manage clients with 3-5 products
- Partner with VP, Account Management to determine metrics, health scores and KPIs for the team and develop processes to ensure team is executing against objectives
- Report on and be accountable for gross retention of team portfolio
- Provide routine coaching via weekly 1:1s, monthly career development conversations and quarterly performance assessments
- Report weekly to FiscalNote leadership on risk and risk mitigation tactics within team portfolio
- Review and assess current team processes and provide recommendations on improvement
- Leverage client usage data and client success software to empower the team to proactively identify and take action on potential risk accounts
- Create a positive team culture to promote a strong collaborative environment
- Lean in on strategic or risk accounts to assist with developing rapport and building strong relationships with client decision makers
- Work with cross-functional teams (Product & Engineering) effectively to be the voice for our clients
- Work with CS Operations on developing clear onboarding journeys
- Coach team on consultative training strategies
- Partner with Account Management leads on risk account strategies and collaboration between AM and CS teams
What Sets You Apart
- 3+ years of experience working as a Customer Success Manager, or similar role
- Strong track record of high performance, consistently hitting quarterly/annual goals
- 1-2 years direct leadership experience, direct management experience preferred
- Experience with performance management and upskilling of team at various levels of proficiency
- Proven ability to work in a fluid team environment, with strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent clarity in communication, telephone/email etiquette, and presentation delivery
- Extreme poise and polish in conducting in-person meetings with users and senior-level executives
- Critical problem solving
- Comfort interacting and leading meetings with senior-level company executives
- Comfort with ambiguity (we’re a rapidly growing company!) and evolving/expanding responsibilities
- Love of data and experience using it for informed process change
- A proactive attitude toward the resolution of challenges/issues with high energy and technical acumen
- Proficiency with Salesforce and/or related CRM software preferred
- Passion for government processes, civic engagement, and data
- Experience with data analytics a plus
Excited about this role, but don't meet 100% of the expected qualifications listed above? We'd still love for you to apply! FiscalNote is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where unique experiences are valued and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Research has continuously shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all of the listed qualifications. We want to help overcome this trend and seek to make space for unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when applying to FiscalNote, rest assured that your application is reviewed by a living, breathing human being and evaluated based on key competencies needed for success in the position. Our Recruiting team maintains awareness of all open roles which means your application may be assessed against multiple positions and we will reach out to gauge your interest in other opportunities as appropriate. Questions or concerns? Contact email@example.com, we'd be happy to connect!
As part of FiscalNote's commitment to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with medical conditions or disabilities that will enable their access to the hiring process. If you need an accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
FiscalNote supports our people by enabling team members with flexibility and benefits to promote well-being and balance, ensuring all FiscalNoters can bring their authentic selves to work. We start by offering competitive salaries, retirement accounts, and equity packages to ensure we’re all FN owners. Plus, our comprehensive benefits packages align with regional requirements and expectations no matter where you are located across the globe. Learn more at https://careers.fiscalnote.com/benefits/.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.