Accounting Manager, Finance
Accounting & Finance
Gurugram, Haryana, India
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2023
In this role, you will manage a small team of accountants who support the corporate accounting team in day-to-day operations. We are looking for someone who can be the point person for all daily operations questions and a more direct contact between the two teams.
About the Team
As we ramp up in revenue, team size, acquisitions and outside investments, our Finance team ensures clarity, consistency, and transparency surrounding our rapidly advancing financial position. Charged to understand everything about startup and SaaS finance and accounting, the Finance team fuels growth with its finger always on the pulse of the company’s financial affairs.
You have a unique ability to communicate concisely and effectively to work as part of a larger Corporate Accounting Team. You will also embrace ambiguity and FiscalNote’s move fast culture by prioritizing responsibilities based on impact and transition well between various accounting tasks, which may include areas such as: accounts payable invoice processing, supplier onboarding, accruals, prepaid expenses.
What To Expect In This Position
- Manages and supervises the accounts payable department and staff in the organization.
- Manages functions like maintaining the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, prepaids, fixed assets and accruals.
- Ensures that systems, policies, and procedures adhere to company policies while functioning with accuracy and timeliness.
- Ensures that the accounts payable and the company’s financial obligations are met efficiently.
- Oversees the 1099 tax information.
- Oversee all payment transactions such as ACH, wires, paper checks and so on.
- Will be in charge of data entry, validation, and processing of various types of invoices like general overhead, subcontractor, and employee travel reimbursements.
- Keeps track of the status of all transactions taking place within the company and external vendors and contractors.
- Standardize procedures to generate efficiency in-house and create internal templates to be used by the company.
- Be active on the customer service front and be quick and accurate with communication.
- Maintaining accuracy in all financial reporting procedures
- Serving as an intermediary between departmental and external suppliers
- Hiring, training, and supervising team members
- Assigning daily tasks to team members such as invoice processing, payment processing and supplier onboarding.
- Managing accounting areas, maintaining the general ledger, month-end closing, and account reconciliations
- Maintaining and updating vendor information
- Undertaking reconciliation of supplier statements
What Sets You Apart
- 5+ Years Experience
- Big 4 is preferred
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Coupa experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to organize, multitask and manage time.
- Attention to detail
- Exposure to accounting processes, client servicing, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
Excited about this role, but don't meet 100% of the expected qualifications listed above? We'd still love for you to apply! FiscalNote is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where unique experiences are valued and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Research has continuously shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all of the listed qualifications. We want to help overcome this trend and seek to make space for unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when applying to FiscalNote, rest assured that your application is reviewed by a living, breathing human being and evaluated based on key competencies needed for success in the position. Our Recruiting team maintains awareness of all open roles which means your application may be assessed against multiple positions and we will reach out to gauge your interest in other opportunities as appropriate. Questions or concerns? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, we'd be happy to connect!
As part of FiscalNote's commitment to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with medical conditions or disabilities that will enable their access to the hiring process. If you need an accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request.
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
FiscalNote supports our people by enabling team members with flexibility and benefits to promote well-being and balance, ensuring all FiscalNoters can bring their authentic selves to work. We start by offering competitive salaries, retirement accounts, and equity packages to ensure we’re all FN owners. Plus, our comprehensive benefits packages align with regional requirements and expectations no matter where you are located across the globe. Learn more at https://careers.fiscalnote.com/benefits/.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.