Director, Sales Enablement (No Longer Accepting New Applications)
IT, Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
About the Position
FiscalNote's Director of Sales Enablement is directly responsible for providing the Sales team with the tools and skills necessary to increase sales productivity through shorter sales cycles, larger average contract values and overall revenue growth. You and your direct report will be responsible for diagnosing areas of improvement across the BD team, designing enablement solutions, facilitating training sessions and supporting managers to reinforce the initiative. Most importantly, you will measure the success of enablement efforts and how they are directly impacting net new revenue and renewals. The Sales Enablement department supports FiscalNote’s global business development team across 10+ product lines.
About the Team
The Business Development Team at FiscalNote is the key touchpoint for our client-focused approach. Our mission is to help our clients identify challenges and provide innovative, data-driven, and practical solutions to better navigate risk and business opportunity. Our data, technology and advisory services empower people and organizations with the right information at the right time. FiscalNoters on the Business Development Team, both experienced and new professionals, gain opportunities for learning and professional development in a diverse and innovative culture, rooted in our company values and mission. Our headquarters, located in downtown Washington D.C., champions our culture through a vibrant, modern, open-concept that still offers privacy, fostering collaboration and success. Our team is committed to being a good neighbor, woven into the fabric of the DC-metro area community, and continually looking for new opportunities to support our neighbors.
Curious. Empathetic. A great communicator. You have a high sense of urgency and ambitious work ethic - and you love seeing the impacts of your work reflected in the success of your team. You have the ability to understand C-level priorities as well as the day-to-day hustle of a closer. You solve problems by thinking about the “why” and the “who” before designing a solution on the “how.” Your keen understanding of the sales cycle allows you to incorporate the right materials, methods and subject matter experts to build practical programs. You lean on your management experience to set the strategic direction of the department and empower your direct report, but you’re also eager to roll up your sleeves and take part in the tactical when needed. It’s no problem for you to switch between leading a training, managing the details of a project and creating content in one afternoon. Most importantly you are positive, open, and love to learn!
What To Expect In This Position
- Determining strategies and priorities of the Enablement department
- People management and mentorship
- Creating enablement programs for a diverse range of teams, including SDRs, Account Executives, Account Managers and Customer Success Managers across the globe
- Providing enablement support for 10+ product lines and growing
- Management and leveling-up of the current Enablement portfolio, including onboarding program for new BD hires, quarterly Product Bootcamp and quarterly Sales Academy
- Collaborate with business leaders, product, and product marketing to build and deliver future product training courses (when new products are developed or companies acquired)
- Management and growth of enablement library
- Partner with Sales Leadership to identify knowledge and skills gaps across the business development organization and conduct ongoing needs assessments and roll out targeted reinforcement programs
- Measure and report on the impact and effectiveness of initiative investments, including reports to BD management to tie Enablement participation to overall success
- Utilizing existing Enablement tools to support initiatives, as well as re-evaluating the tech stack each year to ensure we’re making the right investments
What Sets You Apart
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, International Relations, Economics, or related field
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and diagnose the strategy, people, process and technology root causes for new business and retention performance issues.
- You are able and willing to excel in a lean environment.
- Proven experience in delivering “closed loop” enablement projects, including analysis, design, delivery, implementation, and measuring success
- Keen understanding of modern sales methodologies, sales and account growth process, customer decision making, and buyer’s journey alignment
- Strategic thinker with the ability to see the big picture
- Able to keep track of many priorities, projects and details at once without sacrificing quality
- High sense of urgency and ambitious work ethic required to drive business outcomes
- Ability to identify needs, design enablement solutions and deliver solutions to team with credibility and impact
- 10+ years of quota carrying and/or sales enablement experience in a B2B sales environment.
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Sales and/or enablement experience in a company with complex solutions (multiple product lines, supporting deals $100k ARR+
Excited about this role, but don't meet 100% of the expected qualifications listed above? We'd still love for you to apply! FiscalNote is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where unique experiences are valued and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Research has continuously shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all of the listed qualifications. We want to help overcome this trend and seek to make space for unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when applying to FiscalNote, rest assured that your application is reviewed by a living, breathing human being and evaluated based on key competencies needed for success in the position. Our Recruiting team maintains awareness of all open roles which means your application may be assessed against multiple positions and we will reach out to gauge your interest in other opportunities as appropriate. Questions or concerns? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, we'd be happy to connect!
As part of FiscalNote's commitment to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with medical conditions or disabilities that will enable their access to the hiring process. If you need an accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request.
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
FiscalNote supports our people by enabling team members with flexibility and benefits to promote well-being and balance, ensuring all FiscalNoters can bring their authentic selves to work. We start by offering competitive salaries, retirement accounts, and equity packages to ensure we’re all FN owners. Plus, our comprehensive benefits packages align with regional requirements and expectations no matter where you are located across the globe. Learn more at https://careers.fiscalnote.com/benefits/.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.