Deal Desk Manager (No Longer Accepting New Applications)
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
About the Position
A deal desk manager is responsible for smooth sales operations within the deal desk. They work closely with sales and operations leadership to craft streamlined processes for each deal and customer. Their role is highly specialized in deal structuring, execution, and scaling sales operations across the board. As the key strategist in how to optimize complex deal structures, the deal desk manager drives critical negotiations that deliver results for each client while nudging your company closer to its annual goals.
Because of this, the deal desk manager needs to be a subject matter expert on not just the product but also on the customer’s needs and processes. They will act as the point of contact with each new client on deal pricing and the scope of work. They’ll also handle objections, escalate concerns, and follow up on sales activities to keep the deal moving along.
About the Team
The Sales Operations team supports and enables our revenue teams to sell and serve more effectively and efficiently. By managing internal systems, technology, and processes, this team ensures our Business Development team has what it needs to be successful. Beyond the day-to-day support of the revenue teams, the Sales Operations team is integral to corporate strategy by providing insightful analysis to inform data-driven decision making.
Analytical. Driven. Empathetic. Intelligent. You have a sharp eye for detail that allows you to generate actionable data. Your previous managers describe you as a critical thinker, who creates new ways to solve problems and stops at nothing to ensure that information is as accurate as possible. You artfully balance the need to evolve with the changing requirements of the business with the structure necessary to manage sales operations at scale. With these shifting priorities, you are a pro at managing your time and setting expectations with your stakeholders as to appropriate deadlines. Comfortable working cross-functionally, you are able to tailor your communication style and narrative to suit the needs of the audience - be it a front-line representative or a member of the Board.
What To Expect In This Position
- Define standard vs non-standard deals at FiscalNote (e.g., legal terms, payment terms, client paperwork, ProServ, etc.)
- Understand the pain points for Sales Reps when processing deals and address them
- Understand the challenges non-standard deals create for Legal and Accounting and implement process improvements
- Re-train and enforce legal guidelines around contracting to ensure compliance
- Address complex CPQ quotes
- Maintain pricing, packages and product families in CPQ
- Work with Sales to resolve product allocation issues among LOB’s
- Be the liaison between the sales organization and its client portfolio
- Build internal guidelines for deal enablement initiatives
- Automate manual processes for faster deal closing and increased customer satisfaction
- Review, approve, and document all non-standard pricing and contractual terms to comply with revenue goals
- Source diverse perspectives from cross-functional teams during deal management such as legal, SalesOps, RevOps, accounting, finance, product management, and customer success
What Sets You Apart
- 4+ years of experience in Sales Operations, Business Operations & Strategy or similar capacity for a SaaS or Ad/MarTech company and/or a foundational skill set in transaction services or an analytical sales finance role
- Experience in setting up or managing a Deal Desk
- MUST have SFDC experience and CPQ or a like product
- Experience interacting and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and provide analytical support
- Flexibility and adaptability to shifting priorities
- Personality traits: influencer, analytical, resourceful, self-starter, great communicator, passionate, flexible, accountable, dependable, organized.
Excited about this role, but don't meet 100% of the expected qualifications listed above? We'd still love for you to apply! FiscalNote is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where unique experiences are valued and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Research has continuously shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all of the listed qualifications. We want to help overcome this trend and seek to make space for unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when applying to FiscalNote, rest assured that your application is reviewed by a living, breathing human being and evaluated based on key competencies needed for success in the position. Our Recruiting team maintains awareness of all open roles which means your application may be assessed against multiple positions and we will reach out to gauge your interest in other opportunities as appropriate. Questions or concerns? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, we'd be happy to connect!
As part of FiscalNote's commitment to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with medical conditions or disabilities that will enable their access to the hiring process. If you need an accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request.
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
FiscalNote supports our people by enabling team members with flexibility and benefits to promote well-being and balance, ensuring all FiscalNoters can bring their authentic selves to work. We start by offering competitive salaries, retirement accounts, and equity packages to ensure we’re all FN owners. Plus, our comprehensive benefits packages align with regional requirements and expectations no matter where you are located across the globe. Learn more at https://careers.fiscalnote.com/benefits/.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.