Sales Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2023
About the Position
This role as a Sales Development Representative reports to the Global Head of Sales Development, FNGI. The SDR is expected to generate sales opportunities with non clients for the business development team to ensure the delivery of its growth objectives. The SDR plays an integral role in ensuring the overall Business Development teams sales targets are delivered, by generating a significantly well qualified sales pipeline. The SDR plays a pivotal role at FNGI in ensuring that Marketing content and strategies are aligned with Business Development’s growth plans. Likewise, the SDR position serves as a foundational commercial role, with the intention of developing as a sales professional, to move on into other commercial positions. With this in mind, a great deal of training is required as a part of the role, to enable the SDR to become more comfortable with other commercial positions (Learning to pitch and run demos are examples of this).
SDRs main responsibility is to generate meetings for the Business Development team, through a mixture of cold outreach and nurturing existing marketing generated leads. This is achieved across a range of different approaches from calling, emailing, messaging and indeed attending in person events. The SDR will be targeted by the number of meetings that have been sat. Close collaboration between the SDR and Business Development Manager is essential. This will involve running weekly campaigns targeting prospects based on the profile of their company or the proximity of their operations, using relevant FNGI content or upcoming events.
About the Commercial Team at FIscalNote Global Intelligence
FNGI’s Commercial team is the touchpoint for all client interactions. It is made up of Sales Development, Business Development, Account Management, and Client Success. Each of these teams works very closely to ensure that the business reaches its overall revenue growth objectives. The Business Development team is responsible for new sales and revenue growth across ARR and OTR.
Hungry. Curious. Resilient. Intelligent. You view every phone call you make and every email you send as one more data point to guide you to understanding the quickest path to success. Because you communicate clearly and skillfully through both writing and speech, others always understand the context of your message. Your intellectual curiosity is one of your greatest assets and allows you to effectively interact with people from all walks of life. Able to think quickly on your feet, you handle any situation with extraordinary tact and composure.
What to Expect in this Position
- Engage potential clients, performing both cold and warm outreach to potential clients
- Generate fully qualified and seat meetings for each month for the Business Development Managers.
- Prepare campaign strategies based on client requirements, topical geopolitical trends and topics, and internal intelligence outputs, to be reviewed with the Head of Sales Development, weekly.
- Develop industry-specific policy expertise to take a consultative approach when communicating with senior-level executives
- Leverage internal marketing materials to engage target executives/organizations
- Strategically plan account penetration
- Leverage Sales Enablement tools (like Groove, ZoomInfo, etc) to manage your engagements with target prospects
- Develop a deep understanding of our target personas and their needs
- Nurture and directly target leads that exist within the marketing database
- Invite prospects to engage with analytical teams
- Maintain and add to prospect marketing database by researching and ensuring that relevant prospects are added to campaigns
- Act as a bridge between Marketing and Business Development
- Actively and regularly attend industry events
- Attend webinars and specific sales-related training on pitching, running demos and trials, organizing and operating at events.
- Ensure a high level of data cleanliness, for example, accurately recording your data in the CRM.
- Other duties and tasks, as assigned.
What Sets You Apart
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, International Relations, Geopolitics, or related field
- Some experience in sales, Business Development or Account Management within the security and intelligence sector.
- 0-1 years of experience in client outreach, via cold or warm outreach.
- Ability to identify likely FNGI target companies / personnel based on their profile.
- Demonstrable ability to work in a targeted environment
- A consistent record of surpassing personal and organizational goals
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport, trust and confidence.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Very good organization skills
- Confidence and lucidity when speaking on the phone
- Experience in CRM systems, like Salesforce
- A relentless drive to succeed
- Resilience and ability to deal with failure
Excited about this role, but don't meet 100% of the expected qualifications listed above? We'd still love for you to apply! FiscalNote is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where unique experiences are valued and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Research has continuously shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all of the listed qualifications. We want to help overcome this trend and seek to make space for unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when applying to FiscalNote, rest assured that your application is reviewed by a living, breathing human being and evaluated based on key competencies needed for success in the position. Our Recruiting team maintains awareness of all open roles which means your application may be assessed against multiple positions and we will reach out to gauge your interest in other opportunities as appropriate. Questions or concerns? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, we'd be happy to connect!
As part of FiscalNote's commitment to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with medical conditions or disabilities that will enable their access to the hiring process. If you need an accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request.
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
FiscalNote supports our people by enabling team members with flexibility and benefits to promote well-being and balance, ensuring all FiscalNoters can bring their authentic selves to work. We start by offering competitive salaries, retirement accounts, and equity packages to ensure we’re all FN owners. Plus, our comprehensive benefits packages align with regional requirements and expectations no matter where you are located across the globe. Learn more at https://careers.fiscalnote.com/benefits/.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.