Policy Associate II - Healthcare Pod
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2023
About the Position
As a Policy Associate II you will be a part of the Professional Services team, working directly with other policy consultants, account managers and client success teams to ensure our clients receive the timely information about legislative and regulatory issues that impact our clients’ businesses. We work as a team to support clients, but you are comfortable independently reviewing and reading lots of qualitative information/policy and deciding if it meets our criteria. You will learn with time to engage with clients. This role is on the healthcare pod.
About the Team
Committed to helping clients achieve more through better information and analysis, the Professional Services team takes on projects that provide clients with deliverables and support that enable our clients to work smarter. Understanding the needs of clients, our team works with Business Development and Account Management to create tailored projects that complement our cutting-edge product suite. We are dynamic, hard-working, and driven individuals who thrive in an open team structure where there are constant learning opportunities and room for growth.
We are looking for people who want to start out their career in the policy or research space and work with an exceptional group of hard-working policy wonks. You sweat the details and are able to synthesize lots of information into the key points to deliver value to clients. You're a team player and willing to lend a hand to get things done, comfortable working independently and asking for help when needed. You have experience with United States healthcare policy.
What to Expect in this Position
- You will learn everything you wanted to know and more about legislation and regulation
- Reading - lots of reading
- You will identify and analyze legislation and regulation based on client interests
- Produce legislative and regulatory summaries
- You will uphold positive working relationships with internal and external teams at FiscalNote
- Provide timely and appropriate communication to all FiscalNote colleagues and employees
- Contribute to team documentation of policy areas and client priorities
- You will be the client lead on a number of accounts.
What Sets You Apart
- 1+ years of experience in policy related field or education courses related to public policy, political science, or business administration.
- You are comfortable working with clients and have excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- You have a strong interest in the intersection of politics, policy, and technology
- You are a fast learner and are comfortable adapting to new tools
- You have strong independent research skills
- An ability to understand, analyze, and summarize complex issues in a succinct and timely manner
- Ability to synthesize high volumes of qualitative data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and exceptional organization
- Ability to meet deadlines while demonstrating professionalism under pressure
- Bonus Points: Familiarity with legislative and/or regulatory processes.
- We accept all types of applicants, regardless of educational background. A bachelor’s degree is not required for this position.
Excited about this role, but don't meet 100% of the expected qualifications listed above? We'd still love for you to apply! FiscalNote is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where unique experiences are valued and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Research has continuously shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all of the listed qualifications. We want to help overcome this trend and seek to make space for unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when applying to FiscalNote, rest assured that your application is reviewed by a living, breathing human being and evaluated based on key competencies needed for success in the position. Our Recruiting team maintains awareness of all open roles which means your application may be assessed against multiple positions and we will reach out to gauge your interest in other opportunities as appropriate. Questions or concerns? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, we'd be happy to connect!
As part of FiscalNote's commitment to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with medical conditions or disabilities that will enable their access to the hiring process. If you need an accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request.
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
FiscalNote supports our people by enabling team members with flexibility and benefits to promote well-being and balance, ensuring all FiscalNoters can bring their authentic selves to work. We start by offering competitive salaries, retirement accounts, and equity packages to ensure we’re all FN owners. Plus, our comprehensive benefits packages align with regional requirements and expectations no matter where you are located across the globe. Learn more at https://careers.fiscalnote.com/benefits/.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.