Consultant - Infrastructure
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2023
About the Role
We’re in search of a Consultant to act as a client engagement lead and an extension of our client’s team. Our Consultants are curious, creative, and self-motivated. In this role, you will work with clients as a critical participant in their FiscalNote experience. Actively anticipating both internal and external needs, our Consultants proactively seek and create solutions before problems arise. Born wonks, they stay on top of the latest legislative trends to help produce compelling thought leadership. Capable of thinking through virtually any critical issue, Consultants seamlessly adapt to any situation they confront.
About Professional Services at FiscalNote
Committed to helping clients achieve more through better information and analysis, the Professional Services team takes on projects that provide clients with deliverables and support that enable our clients to work smarter. Understanding the needs of clients, our team works with Business Development and Account Management to create tailored projects that complement our cutting-edge product suite. We are dynamic, hard-working, and driven individuals who thrive in an open team structure where there are constant learning opportunities and room for growth.
You’re a self-motivated researcher and writer who enjoys exploring the political and policy world from a multitude of perspectives.A born communicator, you can synthesize information and communicate it to a diverse audience. As a team player, you’re willing and enthusiastic to pitch in wherever necessary to support both clients and the company. As a small team leader, you can collaborate with and mentor others. You can comfortably navigate the worlds of both technology and policy. You prefer data-driven insights rather than anecdotal evidence to drive your decisions and actions and are comfortable talking about data, tech and current events.
What To Expect in This Position:
- Actively collaborate across the Professional Services, Sales, and Engineering teams
- Analyze and synthesize policy related to the industry-specific legislation and policy at the federal and state levels for clients
- Deliver written analysis and professional communication to clients ranging from Analyst to Executive levels
- Use and analyze data to understand, interpret, visualize quantitative research and insights
- Manage and execute on multiple projects simultaneously with high attention to detail, while meeting tight deadlines
- Lead a small team”pod” of analysts to support the delivery of products to clients and coordinate internal projects
- Help to create and scope tailored solutions to pair with the FiscalNote product suite
- Join client calls and meetings to support the sale of professional services products
- Own the functional aspects of client projects including, documentation of requirements and timeline, communication with clients on status, and delivery of work products
- Become an expert in our current products and solutions while contributing to the development of new technical and professional services products
- Communicate client and product-related feedback to product, engineering and sales teams
What Sets You Apart:
- 2-4 years of relevant professional experience in legislative and regulatory research, government, and/or consulting
- A proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and exceptional organization and time-management skills
- Experience leading projects in small teams
- A strong interest in the intersection of politics, policy, and technology
- A Bachelor's degree in political science, government, economics, or a related subject
- Policy experience to analyze laws at multiple levels of government on behalf of clients
- Experience analyzing data and conveying concise targeted insights
- Strong independent research skills and the ability to learn new things quickly
- (Preferred) Ability to use data visualization tools to produce dashboards and other interactive visualizations for client organizations
Excited about this role, but don't meet 100% of the expected qualifications listed above? We'd still love for you to apply! FiscalNote is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where unique experiences are valued and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Research has continuously shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all of the listed qualifications. We want to help overcome this trend and seek to make space for unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when applying to FiscalNote, rest assured that your application is reviewed by a living, breathing human being and evaluated based on key competencies needed for success in the position. Our Recruiting team maintains awareness of all open roles which means your application may be assessed against multiple positions and we will reach out to gauge your interest in other opportunities as appropriate. Questions or concerns? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, we'd be happy to connect!
As part of FiscalNote's commitment to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with medical conditions or disabilities that will enable their access to the hiring process. If you need an accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request.
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
FiscalNote supports our people by enabling team members with flexibility and benefits to promote well-being and balance, ensuring all FiscalNoters can bring their authentic selves to work. We start by offering competitive salaries, retirement accounts, and equity packages to ensure we’re all FN owners. Plus, our comprehensive benefits packages align with regional requirements and expectations no matter where you are located across the globe. Learn more at https://careers.fiscalnote.com/benefits/.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.