Vice President, People (HR) & Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging & Accessibility (DEIBA)
People & HR
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Friday, December 8, 2023
About the Position
FiscalNote is seeking an experienced, agile, and innovative VP of People and DEIBA to oversee the company’s human resources and DEIBA strategies, supporting FiscalNote in its growth trajectory. Reporting to the President/COO and being an integral part of the Senior Leadership Team, this role will drive efforts to fortify our growth culture, establish scalable infrastructure, and implement policies and practices supporting our global workforce. Responsible for compliance obligations and collaboration with the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors, you’ll play a pivotal role in executive compensation matters and succession planning.
About the Team
The People Team drives the company’s growth by aligning strategies with organizational goals, ensuring optimal performance, talent retention, and engagement. Key responsibilities include:
-Cultivating diverse talent pipelines and ensuring a positive candidate experience-Onboarding new talent while reinforcing the company’s culture and priorities
-Fostering an engaging work environment with opportunities for Learning & Development and career advancement
-Implementing equity practices to motivate and engage team members for company-wide success
-Advising leaders on workforce planning, organizational development, and management issues
-Providing balanced compensation and benefits packages across jurisdictions
-Supporting employees with effective systems, clear policies, and integration during acquisitions
-Ensuring compliance with laws and regulations throughout the team member life cycle
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Accessibility (DEIBA) are foundational to our company. This role collaborates with the DEIBA Committee to set and implement goals, ensure support throughout the team member life cycle, cultivate a global culture reflective of DEIBA practices, and serve as an executive sponsor of the DEIBA Committee.
Outcome-oriented, engaging, and empathetic leader with a track record in HR leadership, change management, and team empowermentAbility to innovate, adapt to industry trends, and maintain a steady focus on goals while implementing lasting frameworks and policiesExperience aligning company values with total rewards, talent acquisition, HRIS, talent management, compliance, and inclusive cultureExpertise in overseeing and driving DEIBA efforts, establishing quantifiable goals and practices to support themCapacity to advise the executive team on organizational, workforce, and talent management mattersCollaboration with senior leaders to implement programs promoting inclusion, collaboration, and a diverse work environmentStrong collaboration with Legal and Board of Directors on compliance, executive compensation, and succession planning
What to Expect in this Position:
- Leading the People Team: Spearhead the People Team's initiatives, ensuring alignment with company objectives and driving their execution to support organizational growth.
- Strategic Alignment: Drive strategic planning across key HR functions including total rewards & compensation, talent acquisition, HRIS and data analytics, talent management, learning & development, compliance, and fostering Team Member engagement, inclusion & culture, aligning them with the company's values and objectives.
- DEIBA Oversight: Oversee the implementation of DEIBA strategies, establishing short and long-term goals and practices to foster an inclusive and diverse workplace, aligned with the company's mission.
- Strategic Advising: Act as a key advisor to the executive and senior management teams, providing insights on critical organizational, workforce, and talent management issues.
- Collaborative Leadership: Collaborate closely with senior leaders to develop and implement programs that champion inclusion, collaboration, growth mindset, and a coaching culture, nurturing a diverse work environment.
- Compliance and Ethics: Work in tandem with the Legal Team to ensure compliance with employment laws, the development of company policies, and addressing internal complaints and ethics matters effectively.
- Board Collaboration: Collaborate with the Legal Team and the Board of Directors on public company compliance obligations, Long Term Incentive Plans, executive compensation, and succession planning strategies.
What Sets You Apart:
- 10+ years of experience in HR leadership within technology companies, managing global workforces, and participating in M&A
- Demonstrated success in HR leadership, driving innovation, and achieving DEIBA goals
- Proficiency in data-driven decision-making, implementing HRIS systems, and understanding public company governance
- Excellent communication, conflict resolution, critical thinking, and change management skills in fast-paced environments
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate difficult situations or decisions with equal parts empathy and solid confidence in your judgment
Excited about this role, but don't meet 100% of the expected qualifications listed above? We'd still love for you to apply! FiscalNote is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where unique experiences are valued and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Research has continuously shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all of the listed qualifications. We want to help overcome this trend and seek to make space for unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when applying to FiscalNote, rest assured that your application is reviewed by a living, breathing human being and evaluated based on key competencies needed for success in the position. Our Recruiting team maintains awareness of all open roles which means your application may be assessed against multiple positions and we will reach out to gauge your interest in other opportunities as appropriate. Questions or concerns? Contact email@example.com, we'd be happy to connect!
As part of FiscalNote's commitment to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with medical conditions or disabilities that will enable their access to the hiring process. If you need an accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
FiscalNote supports our people by enabling team members with flexibility and benefits to promote well-being and balance, ensuring all FiscalNoters can bring their authentic selves to work. We start by offering competitive salaries, retirement accounts, and equity packages to ensure we’re all FN owners. Plus, our comprehensive benefits packages align with regional requirements and expectations no matter where you are located across the globe. Learn more at https://careers.fiscalnote.com/benefits/.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.