Senior Platform Engineer
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2023
About the Position
The Senior Platform Engineer will report to the Lead DevOps Engineer. They will help pioneer industry-leading technologies and toolsets to enable our developers to innovate in record time. They will have the opportunity to create, evolve, scale, integrate, fortify, and automate our deployment pipeline and core services to solve unique and constantly-iterating engineering challenges.
About the Core Platform Team
The Core Platform team, inside the R&D organization, is responsible for working with R&D teams across the global FiscalNote organization. Core Platform is responsible for owning and evolving common tools, libraries, standards and practices that are shared by numerous teams with similar needs. By understanding the team’s needs and leveraging best practices, Core Platform can become a force multiplier for the R&D organization.
You are a senior engineer who loves to solve technical problems and tackle new challenges. You possess a robust set of skills and experience but are keen to dig into new technologies. You are enthusiastic, self-reliant, thoughtful, and resourceful. You’re excited to drive forward projects such as securing AWS cloud infrastructure and working with complex Kubernetes deployments. You take initiative to own and improve out-dated infrastructure practices, prioritizing automating solutions for future team members. You thrive as a self-starter and can operate with some autonomy.
What To Expect In This Position
- Automate, maintain, and scale production environments across multiple cloud providers, with a focus in AWS.
- Team with other engineers initiatives to evolve FiscalNote’s infrastructure, architecture, and development processes.
- Continually monitor and ensure the health and uptime of our production environment and its dependencies.
- Ensure the security and compliance of our infrastructure and systems by implementing best practices and following industry standards.
- Build and evolve the infrastructure to meet customer and internal SLAs
- Work in a highly-collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Build and use continuous deployment tools to provide a seamless deployment process to all environments.
- Work closely with Global R&D teams.
- Manage your workload and commitments effectively, and act autonomously.
- Participate in an on-call rotation with the Platform team.
What Sets You Apart
- A passion for working with system infrastructure.
- Extensive experience working with AWS (IAM, EKS, Security Groups, EFS)
- 6+ years working in a DevOps role in a technology organization.
- 3+ years of work experience with Kubernetes.
- 3+ years of system architecture.
- 4+ years with Infrastructure-as-Code and configuration management tools such as Terraform (preferred), Cloud Formation, Pulumi, and Ansible
- 3+ years experience with cloud security fundamentals, including patch management and secure configurations with experience working in regulated environments preferred.
- Experience with Helm for deployments.
- Coding experience in Python, Shell, GO, or other languages.
- Experience designing and developing CI/CD pipelines, preferably in Github Actions.
- Experience with Linux CLI and POSIX shells.
- Experience with working with multiple development teams on different projects.
Bonus Points if You Have
- Experience working with PostgreSQL or other relational databases and Mongo NOSQL databases
- Exposure to message broker technologies such as RabbitMQ.
- Mentored junior engineers
- Ability to help in the reduction of cost for Cloud services
Excited about this role, but don't meet 100% of the expected qualifications listed above? We'd still love for you to apply! FiscalNote is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where unique experiences are valued and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Research has continuously shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all of the listed qualifications. We want to help overcome this trend and seek to make space for unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when applying to FiscalNote, rest assured that your application is reviewed by a living, breathing human being and evaluated based on key competencies needed for success in the position. Our Recruiting team maintains awareness of all open roles which means your application may be assessed against multiple positions and we will reach out to gauge your interest in other opportunities as appropriate. Questions or concerns? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, we'd be happy to connect!
As part of FiscalNote's commitment to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with medical conditions or disabilities that will enable their access to the hiring process. If you need an accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request.
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
FiscalNote supports our people by enabling team members with flexibility and benefits to promote well-being and balance, ensuring all FiscalNoters can bring their authentic selves to work. We start by offering competitive salaries, retirement accounts, and equity packages to ensure we’re all FN owners. Plus, our comprehensive benefits packages align with regional requirements and expectations no matter where you are located across the globe. Learn more at https://careers.fiscalnote.com/benefits/.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.