Global Policy Researcher, Professional Services
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2023
About the Position
We’re in search of a Policy Analyst to act as a client advocate and an extension of our European Professional Services team. Our Policy Analysts are curious, creative, and self-motivated. In this role you will work with clients as a critical participant in their FiscalNote experience. Actively anticipating both internal and external needs, our Policy Analysts proactively seek and create solutions before problems arise. Born analysts, they stay on top of the latest legislative trends to help produce compelling thought leadership. Capable of thinking through virtually any critical issue, Policy Analysts seamlessly adapt to any situation they confront.
About Professional Services Team at FiscalNote Europe
Committed to helping clients achieve more through better information and analysis, the Professional Services team takes on projects that provide clients with deliverables and support that enable our clients to work smarter. Understanding the needs of clients, our team works with Business Development and Account Management to create tailored projects that complement our cutting-edge products. We are dynamic, hard-working, and driven individuals who thrive in an open team structure where there are constant learning opportunities and room for growth.
You are self-motivated, energetic and driven. You enjoy exploring the political and policy world of the European Union and the Member States from a multitude of perspectives. A born communicator, you are able to synthesise information and communicate it to a diverse audience. You do not like to limit yourself to your current skill set and are constantly sniffing out greater opportunities to grow. A team player, willing and enthusiastic to pitch in wherever necessary to support both clients and the company. You can comfortably navigate the worlds of both technology and policy. You prefer data-driven insights rather than anecdotal evidence to reach your conclusions and are comfortable talking about data, tech and current events.
What to Expect in this Position
- Collaborate effectively with teammates to produce high-quality tailored work on a regular basis
- Analyse and synthesise legislation and policy at the global, EU and Member State levels for clients
- Deliver written analysis and professional communication to clients ranging from Analyst to Executive levels
- Use and analyse data to understand, interpret, visualise quantitative research and insights
- Manage and execute on multiple projects simultaneously with high attention to detail, while meeting tight deadlines
- Help to create and scope tailored solutions to pair with the FiscalNote product suite
- Join client calls and meetings to support the sales of professional services products
- Own the functional aspects of client projects including, documentation of requirements and timeline, communication with clients on status, and delivery of work product
- Become an expert in our current products and solutions while contributing to the development of new technical and professional services products
- Communicate client and product-related feedback to product, engineering and sales teams
What Sets You Apart
- A Masters degree in political science, law, economics, or a related subject
- 1-2 years of relevant professional experience in research, government, and/or consulting
- Professional English (C1 minimum)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and exceptional organisation and time-management skills
- A proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Policy experience of working/understanding multiple levels of government on behalf of clients
- Experience analysing data and conveying concise targeted insights
- Strong independent research skills and the ability to learn quickly
- Fluent Spanish speaker preferred
Excited about this role, but don't meet 100% of the expected qualifications listed above? We'd still love for you to apply! FiscalNote is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where unique experiences are valued and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Research has continuously shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all of the listed qualifications. We want to help overcome this trend and seek to make space for unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when applying to FiscalNote, rest assured that your application is reviewed by a living, breathing human being and evaluated based on key competencies needed for success in the position. Our Recruiting team maintains awareness of all open roles which means your application may be assessed against multiple positions and we will reach out to gauge your interest in other opportunities as appropriate. Questions or concerns? Contact email@example.com, we'd be happy to connect!
As part of FiscalNote's commitment to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with medical conditions or disabilities that will enable their access to the hiring process. If you need an accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
FiscalNote supports our people by enabling team members with flexibility and benefits to promote well-being and balance, ensuring all FiscalNoters can bring their authentic selves to work. We start by offering competitive salaries, retirement accounts, and equity packages to ensure we’re all FN owners. Plus, our comprehensive benefits packages align with regional requirements and expectations no matter where you are located across the globe. Learn more at https://careers.fiscalnote.com/benefits/.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.