Andean Region Research Analyst Contractor
Posted on Wednesday, October 4, 2023
Thank you for your interest in this position with FrontierView, a wholly-owned subsidiary of FiscalNote. The recruitment for this role is being managed by FiscalNote's Recruiting team (parent company), so you are in the right place! Please continue to review this opportunity and apply at your interest. We are excited to review your background. Thank you!
About the Position
The Analyst will report to our head of LATAM research. They would get a unique perspective on how macroeconomic and political trends impact the business plans and operations of the world’s largest multinationals. They will also have an opportunity to monitor, analyze, and create a view on all the major ongoing political and economic issues in the Andean region through ongoing coverage of the region. Qualified individuals with a passion for informing the decisions of senior corporate executives are strongly encouraged to apply. This is a unique position that allows for significant ownership of our view, as well as exposure to how macroeconomic, political, and business analysis feeds directly into corporate plans and actions for the world’s largest multinationals. The analyst will have direct engagement with C-suite level executives, giving influence and insight into the decision-making processes of the world’s largest businesses.
About the Team
The analyst will be part of FrontierView’s global research team. The global research team produces all syndicated content for FrontierView’s client base of several thousand senior executives at multinational organizations. The team combines regional knowledge, macroeconomic and political insights, and business acumen to provide impactful analysis, forecasts, and executional advice for a senior executive audience. They work in close collaboration with the commercial team in supporting FrontierView’s growth strategy and ongoing client relationships.
About the You
We’re looking for an analyst with excellent problem-solving skills and outstanding writing skills. You have robust interpersonal, communication, presentation, and persuasion skills. You also have demonstrated knowledge of the LATAM region, particularly Colombia, through personal, professional, or educational background and experience.
What To Expect In This Position
- The analyst will conduct ongoing research and analysis, including political analysis, economic research, and forecasting, and monitoring of a select set of markets in the Andean region, including Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, and Venezuela as well as broader LATAM.
- They will receive daily coaching, feedback, and support as part of our collaborative, meritocratic team culture.
- They will be expected to create, maintain, and pressure test views on major issues relating to their markets, and to use these to advise senior executives at large multinationals.
What Sets You Apart
- A Bachelor’s degree from a well-regarded academic institution in Economics, Business, Regional Studies, or International Relations and a Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., international economics)
- 2-5 years of research experience in an academic, non-profit, or business context
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of macroeconomics through prior experience or relevant coursework
- Spanish proficiency is a must
- Demonstrated knowledge of the LATAM region, particularly Colombia, through personal, professional, or educational background and experience
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint and Excel)
- Experience in managing multiple projects at once; excellent time and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to cover a variety of topics and issues, including unfamiliar ones
- Familiarity with or experience in the private sector
- A team-oriented mindset
Excited about this role, but don't meet 100% of the expected qualifications listed above? We'd still love for you to apply! FiscalNote is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where unique experiences are valued and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Research has continuously shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all of the listed qualifications. We want to help overcome this trend and seek to make space for unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when applying to FiscalNote, rest assured that your application is reviewed by a living, breathing human being and evaluated based on key competencies needed for success in the position. Our Recruiting team maintains awareness of all open roles which means your application may be assessed against multiple positions and we will reach out to gauge your interest in other opportunities as appropriate. Questions or concerns? Contact email@example.com, we'd be happy to connect!
As part of FiscalNote's commitment to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with medical conditions or disabilities that will enable their access to the hiring process. If you need an accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
FiscalNote supports our people by enabling team members with flexibility and benefits to promote well-being and balance, ensuring all FiscalNoters can bring their authentic selves to work. We start by offering competitive salaries, retirement accounts, and equity packages to ensure we’re all FN owners. Plus, our comprehensive benefits packages align with regional requirements and expectations no matter where you are located across the globe. Learn more at https://careers.fiscalnote.com/benefits/.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.