Account Executive Board.org
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, August 9, 2023
Thank you for your interest in this position with Board.org, a wholly-owned subsidiary of FiscalNote. The recruitment for this role is being managed by FiscalNote's Recruiting team (parent company), so you are in the right place! Please continue to review this opportunity and apply at your interest. We are excited to review your background. Thank you!
About the Position
Account Executives at Board.org build communities for people leading meaningful change at the world’s leading companies. As a Board.org AE, you fully understand our product and can concisely articulate the Board.org value proposition to truly match your prospect’s needs and drive sales to close. The highest performing AEs demonstrate mastery in our core values such as of Members First, Own the Job, Bias for Action, Support the Family, and others resulting in the consistent (over)achievement of their revenue targets. We have a proven product, sales process, and pitch that has attracted an extraordinary client list of global brands (board.org/mem).
About the Sales & Lead Generation Team at Board.org
You’l/l be joining a mission-based, results-focused sales team responsible for selling new memberships in our BtoB executive communities and upholding the qualifications and standards for who is permitted to join. Our prospects are decision-makers, typically at the Director level and above at very large enterprises. Our model is exclusively outbound, inside sales with a short sales cycle (45-60 days), mostly by phone/email/social media, with minimal travel. It involves new client acquisition only (not renewals or lead-gen marketing). We have a strong sales culture of collaborative, ethical, and healthy practices (and reject hostile sales cultures). Marry that culture to sales discipline and systems to achieve next-level results. Read more about Board.org at https://hi.board.org/, and learn more about the exciting things happening at our parent company, FiscalNote, at https://fiscalnote.com/press-room.
What to Expect in this Position:
- Talk with prospects and gain an understanding of their challenges and goals. Build deep, long-term, empathetic relationships with them.
- Learn our messaging and stories so you can be a masterful storyteller. Tell our story in a way that resonates and demonstrates strong value. Tailor the message to each prospect.
- Manage a pipeline of ~80 active accounts, deliver 4+ high-quality sales conversations per day, along with ongoing follow-up using quality customized communications.
- Meet or exceed a quarterly quota.
- Screen out unqualified prospects.
- Demonstrate passion and energy, both externally with the customer and internally with our team.
- Become an expert in the topic of the community you're representing.
What Sets You Apart:
- 2-6 years experience in BtoB sales with direct experience selling to executives (Director through VP) at big brands. Track record of sales excellence and beating quotas.
- Experience with senior executives at large companies in a professional context. Relate to their lives, understand their issues, and know how to engage and communicate with them. Knowledge of life inside Fortune 1000 companies.
- Relentless perseverance and tenacity. You're a committed, driven winner with grit. You can hit the phones all day long, brush off rejection, and stick with it because you know that what you're selling is truly meaningful to the buyer.
- Excellent communicator and strong writer. You're comfortable and articulate with senior-level executives -- mature, appropriate, and confident -- in person, on the phone, and in email/social media.
- Relationship-building skills. Sociable, caring, engaging, and approachable person who can build meaningful relationships with members on behalf of the organization.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proven track record of learning and personal development. Evidence of ongoing self-directed study, mastery of new topics, and professional/personal development.
- Mission-driven. Passionate about doing work that has a meaningful impact on society. Show deep commitment at a personal level to the people we serve, the work we do, and our team.
Excited about this role, but don't meet 100% of the expected qualifications listed above? We'd still love for you to apply! FiscalNote is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where unique experiences are valued and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Research has continuously shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all of the listed qualifications. We want to help overcome this trend and seek to make space for unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when applying to FiscalNote, rest assured that your application is reviewed by a living, breathing human being and evaluated based on key competencies needed for success in the position. Our Recruiting team maintains awareness of all open roles which means your application may be assessed against multiple positions and we will reach out to gauge your interest in other opportunities as appropriate. Questions or concerns? Contact email@example.com, we'd be happy to connect!
As part of FiscalNote's commitment to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with medical conditions or disabilities that will enable their access to the hiring process. If you need an accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
FiscalNote supports our people by enabling team members with flexibility and benefits to promote well-being and balance, ensuring all FiscalNoters can bring their authentic selves to work. We start by offering competitive salaries, retirement accounts, and equity packages to ensure we’re all FN owners. Plus, our comprehensive benefits packages align with regional requirements and expectations no matter where you are located across the globe. Learn more at https://careers.fiscalnote.com/benefits/.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.