Research Analyst, Stakeholders Team
Gurugram, Haryana, India
Posted on Thursday, June 22, 2023
About the Role
FiscalNote India is looking for a Research Analyst in our Gurgaon office to join the Stakeholders Data research team at FiscalNote, a U.S. based legislative data solutions company.
Our Research Analysts help maintain a database of information from (and on) areas such as U.S. state legislators, local-level government officials, government personnel and global legislators. You will need to be able to work well within a team to ensure comprehensive and accurate content is delivered across a suite of products. The research analyst position requires attention to detail, as well as the ability to work under pressure and meet firm deadlines.
The role will be based on local hours with some flexibility required to cover day-to-day communication with individuals in the United States.
About the Team
Our research team is located in the U.S. and India. The team is tasked to dig deep into interesting, oftentimes noisy data to find information about government officials so that our clients are able to know more about the people in power and can reach out to them to change policy. Our platforms utilize the data we collect to allow U.S. citizens to reach out to their representatives, as well as help our clients know who is who, not only in the U.S. but in governments around the globe.
You enjoy the process of collaborating with team members to overcome challenges. You see projects through to the end and ensure that the best decisions for the team, not necessarily your ideas, are what take precedence. Along the way, you’re capable of communicating what you’re thinking through multiple avenues of communication, taking in others’ ideas as well as expressing your own. You’re guided equally by your own intuition and delivering the best results to the customer. You’re comfortable around ambiguity with a high degree of autonomy, but are also not afraid to seek guidance when needed. You are deadline-driven, adaptable, and analytical.
What’s Expected of You in this Role:
- Quickly and accurately collect, process, and upload legislator information, biographies or other data as assigned by a manager or team lead
- Duties may also include researching client questions
- Reprioritize work as needed based on deadlines and coverage
- Demonstrate an understanding of operational tools, procedures and troubleshooting
- Work with your team and manager to build professional skills
- Contribute ideas about priorities and what data may need additional work as well as ideas about how to improve operations and products
- Provide subscribers with complete, timely, error-free updates of legislator information within set deadlines and consistent with the team’s style standards
- Develop an understanding of the FiscalNote databases and the procedures for updating that content
- Work closely with the U.S. based FiscalNote Data team
What Sets You Apart:
- 1+ of working experience
- Experience with large amounts of data entry
- Basic knowledge of the Internet, Microsoft Office (including Access), G Suite and electronic media
- Basic knowledge of how a governmental system works
- Attention to detail and good organizational abilities
- Ability to multitask and handle tight deadlines without sacrificing accuracy
- Interest in learning new technical skills
- Good communication skills (especially via email) and computer familiarity
- Flexibility to work extended hours as needed
- Seamless workflow with the FiscalNote team in the U.S.
- Preferred: Database management experience
Excited about this role, but don't meet 100% of the expected qualifications listed above? We'd still love for you to apply! FiscalNote is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where unique experiences are valued and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Research has continuously shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all of the listed qualifications. We want to help overcome this trend and seek to make space for unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when applying to FiscalNote, rest assured that your application is reviewed by a living, breathing human being and evaluated based on key competencies needed for success in the position. Our Recruiting team maintains awareness of all open roles which means your application may be assessed against multiple positions and we will reach out to gauge your interest in other opportunities as appropriate. Questions or concerns? Contact email@example.com, we'd be happy to connect!
As part of FiscalNote's commitment to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with medical conditions or disabilities that will enable their access to the hiring process. If you need an accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
FiscalNote supports our people by enabling team members with flexibility and benefits to promote well-being and balance, ensuring all FiscalNoters can bring their authentic selves to work. We start by offering competitive salaries, retirement accounts, and equity packages to ensure we’re all FN owners. Plus, our comprehensive benefits packages align with regional requirements and expectations no matter where you are located across the globe. Learn more at https://careers.fiscalnote.com/benefits/.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.