Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
About the Position
FiscalNote is seeking a Contracts Manager to play an integral part in FiscalNote’s continued growth. As Contracts Manager, you will act as the primary point of contact across the organization for all things involving company contracts, as well as various compliance policies and workstreams related to the contracting process. As a member of the Legal team, you will work closely with Business Development, Finance, Operations and other key stakeholders to maximize the customer experience, optimize internal workflows, and educate other teams on the contract process. In addition, you will play a key role in knowledge management across the organization and provide insight and assistance to the Legal team on a wide variety of legal matters. The ability to work effectively on multiple projects, balance priorities, and excel in a team-based environment are essential.
The position reports to the VP, Associate General Counsel.
About the Legal Team at FiscalNote
The Legal team serves as a trusted advisor and collaborative partner to the business and other departments. FiscalNote is a rapidly expanding company, with complex legal and compliance needs both in the U.S. and internationally. As FiscalNote charts the course for its next phase of growth, the Legal team provides our clients with timely, practical and actionable guidance that reflects a deep understanding of our business and strategy, as well as the legal and regulatory frameworks in which we operate. In this context, our Contracts Manager will find a rich environment to take the lead in advising on a wide variety of contractual arrangements, while collaborating with stakeholders on process improvements.
Organized. Accurate. Adaptable. You provide a high level of client service when working with both internal and external stakeholders. You are able to juggle multiple priorities and are driven to develop effective processes that will increase organizational efficiency. You can operate independently and in a decentralized manner: you can make decisions and execute plans based on leadership intent and not specific direction or input on every decision.
What to Expect in this Position:
- Commercial Contracts and Related Documentation
- Serve as the primary point of contract for requests for Legal department review of contracts
- Review, interpret, draft, revise and negotiate terms in commercial contracts (customers and vendors), both domestically and internationally, including SaaS sales contracts, licensing agreements, and other customer-type engagements
- Review, modification and negotiation of NDAs
- Review, modification and negotiation of vendor agreements cutting across a variety of services
- Policies & Operations
- Coordinate with stakeholders within the company (e.g., Business Development, lines of business, Finance and Accounting) to ensure development, implementation and compliance with policies and processes related to contract review and approval
- Identify and implement technology solutions to ensure that legal review processes at the company are effective and efficient
- Develop and maintain standardized contract templates across multiple disparate lines of business and product and service categories, including new products in development
- Assist with compliance matters adjacent to the contracting process, including global trade and sanctions regimes and data privacy regulations
- Assist with contract-related due diligence reviews in connection with M&A transactions
- Engage and educate all stakeholders on relevant processes
- Develop knowledge management and archiving procedures
What Sets You Apart:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and/or formal paralegal training
- 5 years of work experience in a relevant law firm and/or corporate legal environment (preferred)
- Experience with PaaS or SaaS contracts
- Experience with commercial contracts and NDAs, including understanding the business and legal implications of various contract terms, especially in the field of technology/software/SaaS
- Keen problem-solving skills and understanding of business interests and value creation
- Eye for detail, highly organized and impeccably thorough
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn new systems
- Excellent verbal, writing, and presentation skills
- Excellent project management skills
Excited about this role, but don't meet 100% of the expected qualifications listed above? We'd still love for you to apply! FiscalNote is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where unique experiences are valued and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Research has continuously shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all of the listed qualifications. We want to help overcome this trend and seek to make space for unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when applying to FiscalNote, rest assured that your application is reviewed by a living, breathing human being and evaluated based on key competencies needed for success in the position. Our Recruiting team maintains awareness of all open roles which means your application may be assessed against multiple positions and we will reach out to gauge your interest in other opportunities as appropriate. Questions or concerns? Contact email@example.com, we'd be happy to connect!
As part of FiscalNote's commitment to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with medical conditions or disabilities that will enable their access to the hiring process. If you need an accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so our open vacation policy helps us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.
See more open positions at FiscalNote
Something looks off?