Web Developer, Fireside
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Thank you for your interest in this position with Fireside, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fiscalnote. The recruitment for this role is being managed by FiscalNote's Recruiting team (parent company), so you are in the right place! Please continue to review this opportunity and apply at your interest. We are excited to review your background. Thank you!
About the Position
As a Fireside Web Developer, you’ll collaborate with project managers, designers, and clients to create custom solutions for congressional offices’ online presence, including their website and email newsletters. You’ll work with other developers to produce well-structured, well-documented code.
About the Marketing Team at Fireside
Fireside provides software-based communications solutions to Members of Congress that allow their teams to work smarter, reach further, and discover more. Every day, we help our clients foster stronger connections. www.fireside21.com
What To Expect In This Position:
- Build and test HTML email newsletters that function and look great in multiple email clients
- Identify and troubleshoot down websites, broken pages and links, and console errors
- Suggest and implement improvements in the web development process
- Work with the Account Team to resolve tickets pertaining to a new website or email feature requests and/or bugs
- Work with Project Managers, clients, and designers to lead the website project design process and implementation to ensure it meets the client's needs
- Work with other developers to ensure assets are being dealt with properly to maintain efficiency and organization
- Evaluate code to ensure it meets industry standards and is valid, properly structured, and compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems
What Sets You Apart:
- Bachelor’s degree in Web Development or related discipline and/or equivalent years of experience
- 1-3 years of experience in web development or related field
- Basic 508 compliance knowledge, ability to build websites that meet WCAG AA standards
- Understanding of relational databases such as MySQL
- Comfortable with version control (Git preferred)
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe XD
- Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards
- Familiarity with backend technologies such as .NET and C# (preferred)
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment, learn rapidly, document your work, and master diverse web technologies and techniques
Excited about this role, but don't meet 100% of the expected qualifications listed above? We'd still love for you to apply! FiscalNote is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where unique experiences are valued and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Research has continuously shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all of the listed qualifications. We want to help overcome this trend and seek to make space for unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when applying to FiscalNote, rest assured that your application is reviewed by a living, breathing human being and evaluated based on key competencies needed for success in the position. Our Recruiting team maintains awareness of all open roles which means your application may be assessed against multiple positions and we will reach out to gauge your interest in other opportunities as appropriate. Questions or concerns? Contact email@example.com, we'd be happy to connect!
As part of FiscalNote's commitment to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with medical conditions or disabilities that will enable their access to the hiring process. If you need an accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
Fireside offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so our open vacation policy helps us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
Fireside values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. Fireside is an EEOC employer.
Fireside uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.
See more open positions at FiscalNote
Something looks off?