Seasonal Retail Sales Associate
In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
Seasonal Retail Sales Associate
A Seasonal Sales Associate is responsible for supporting the Team through peak business time for a temporary predetermined amount of time. They will support the store business with personal selling achievements and the store's day-to-day operations. The Filson brand is built on a reputation of excellent product quality, performance and associate knowledge, and this position serves to provide exceptional customer service and team empowerment.
Anyone hired after October 15th will be considered a seasonal employee. Seasonal employment will run through January 13th, 2024 at which time, seasonal roles will be terminated. At that time, you may be considered for a permanent role based on the needs of the business.
- Provide a luxury experience to all store clientele.
- Achieve daily and weekly selling goals
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of the Filson product.
- Perform duties related to opening and closing store.
- Stocking and maintaining size runs on sales floor.
- Keeping store appearance to the Filson standard.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and extended hours
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in customer service environment preferred.
- Friendly and outgoing; service mentality.
- Strong communication, both verbal and written skills;
- Committed to superior service.
- Energetic, dependable and a team player.
- Motivated and results driven.
- Must be 18+ years old
- Able to stand for 8 hours
- Able to lift and carry 30 pounds
- Able to reach overhead
- Able to pull clothing and luggage from shelves
- Able to bend, kneel, or stoop
Sampling of Total Rewards Program:
- Compensation type: hourly
Compensation can be negotiated based on previous experience & qualifications.
- Starting at $17.29 Per Hour
- Employee assistance program
- Merchandise discounts
Note: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform his or her job.