Position Type: Full-time salary
Location: Seattle, WA (Hybrid 3-4x a week onsite)
Reports to: Manager of Merchandise Planning
Direct Reports: 0
In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
The Merchandise Planner works as a primary partner of Merchandising to develop and execute category & item plans at the channel level that achieve our strategic, financial, and creative goals. Serves as a key analytical partner to the cross-functional category team, offering insights and recommending action. Plays a key role in executing our coordinated deliveries and selling experiences through management of the item plans.
- Develop, prepare, and deliver weekly and seasonal performance reporting (selling, KPIs, etc.)
- Analyze selling trends from a macro level (category/trend) to a micro level (color/size/channel) and recommend actions.
- Develop and execute item plans in support of our coordinated deliveries and selling experiences.
- Analyze SKU performance to identify opportunities and inform future assortment development.
- Partner with Merchandising, Product Development, and Production Planning on timing and needs of the business to ensure key items are in stock for peak selling periods.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to address business questions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in related discipline.
- 3+ years’ experience in Merchandise Planning, preferably at a vertical retailer.
- Ability to think holistically across strategic, financial, and creative objectives.
- Strong analytical skills with a proven track record of driving insights into actions.
- Strong attention to detail & highly organized.
- Has a well-informed, strong voice to effectively communicate with cross-functional partners.
- Proficiency with MS Office a must, strong Excel skills required.
- ERP experience, with MS Dynamics AX or NetSuite as a plus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, curious mindset, and loves a challenge!
- Must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- Able to sit and work at desk and operate a computer for several hours at a time.
- Use hands and fingers to use computer
- Reach up, across, or down to retrieve resources
- See, talk, and hear
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk
- The employee is occasionally required to move or lift up to 10 pounds
- Specific hearing abilities required by this job include the hearing voices through telephone handsets or headsets and through general face to face conversation
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to read information on a computer screen or on a printed page
Sampling of Total Rewards Program:
- Compensation type: Exempt Salary
- Compensation: $68,000 - $85,000
- Compensation negotiated based on previous experience & qualifications
- STIP (short-term incentive plan)
- Position Type: (Hybrid 3-4x a week onsite)
- Paid Time-off: (For employees who work over 30 hours per week)
- 11 Corporate Holidays
- Paid Vacation days (accrued)
- 2 Volunteer days
- Benefits: (For employees who work over 20 hours per week)
- Medical, dental & vision - click here to view our full package!
- 401k with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Pet Insurance
- Merchandise discounts
- Complimentary employee bag at 90 days of employment
Note: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings which are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform their job.