Assistant Retail Store Manager
In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
Assistant Store Manager
Filson is built on a reputation of excellent product quality and performance as well as exceptional customer service. Just as a guide leads travelers, sportsman, or tourists into unfamiliar or new territory, it will be your mission to lead and develop your team to be at their best. As an Assistant Manager at Filson, you will motivate, inspire, and lead your team in providing the best-in-class customer experience, just as our founder did in 1897. You will work side by side with your manager and your home office partners to set and uphold our standards for the store's day-to-day operations as well as develop our people and our culture.
- Identifies customer needs and acts as an outfitter, one who fully prepares our guest for their next adventure through exceptional product knowledge.
- Supports the Store Manager in selecting store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Develops team's selling and merchandising skill by demonstration and leading by example, setting clear goals, and holding yourself and team accountable.
- Observes and provides feedback to support members of staff in a culture of 360 degree communication.
- Manage a training plan and in the moment coaching to drive key performance indicators. Understands how employee behaviors link to selling metrics and provide training accordingly.
- Supports marketing events and stories through in store promotion, clientel emails, and community outreach.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by maintaining inventories.
- Ensure that Filson Standards and Operating Standards are met or exceeded to support brand consistency.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Supports store operations by enforcing company programs, initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional selling skills, customer service, and clientele
- Minimum of two years in a leadership role
- Experience using data to make informed decisions
- People development and growth experience
- Friendly and outgoing; service mentality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- PC based computer skills; with Word and Excel
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be 18+ yrs old
- Able to lift and carry 30 pounds
- Able to reach overhead
- Able to pull clothing and luggage from shelves
- Able to bend, kneel, or stoop
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
Sampling of Total Rewards Program:
- Compensation type: hourly
Compensation can be negotiated based on previous experience & qualifications.
- Starting at $20.80 per hour
- Bonus eligibility:
- Potential monthly bonus based on store financial performance.
- Employee hiring referral bonus
- Paid Time-off: (For employees that work over 30 hours a week)
- 10 Corporate Holidays
- Paid Vacation days (accrued)
- 2 Volunteer days
- Medical, dental & vision -click here to view our full package! (For employees that work over 20 hours a week)
- 401k with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Pet Insurance
- Merchandise discounts
- Complimentary employee bag at 90 days of employment
Note: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings which are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform his or her job.