Seasonal Customer Service Representative
Title: Seasonal Customer Service Representative
Position Type: Contract; Full-time - Hourly
Location: Kent, WA
Reports to: Customer Service Supervisor
Filson has been outfitting prospectors since 1897, providing them with durable tools and apparel for the harshest environments. With a commitment to excellence and superior customer service, Filson continues to deliver unfailing goods made from the finest materials available.
As we uphold the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship and embark on a period of growth and reinvention, we are seeking individuals who share our passion for innovation and customer satisfaction to join our team.
Temporary Customer Service Representative:
We are currently hiring Temporary Customer Service Representatives to join our dynamic customer service team in Kent, WA through peak holiday season. This role requires a deep appreciation for Filson products and a genuine dedication to delivering exceptional customer service, as it is one of Filson's core values. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys working collaboratively, and is always ready to contribute to enhancing the customer experience.
The Temporary Customer Service Representative training class will be held October 9th -13th. Contract ends February 2nd, 2024.
- Handle inbound customer contacts through various channels, such as telephone, e-mail, live chat, or physical mail, and process associated tasks.
- Take ownership of customer contacts, ensuring their resolution to the customer's satisfaction.
- Collaborate with the customer service team and other departments as needed to address complex issues.
- Process customer orders, catalog requests, and other service inquiries promptly and accurately.
- Multitask efficiently across multiple platforms while following standardized processes.
- Manage between-contact time effectively to ensure swift responses to incoming customer contacts.
- Undertake customer service-related projects and tasks assigned by supervisors, including web order processing, order and invoice proofing, order cancellations, secure handling of credit card information, customer correspondence, billing, returns processing, maintenance and update of customer profiles, and general office duties.
- Actively participate in ongoing training, process improvement discussions, and meetings as directed by supervisors.
- Perform other duties as needed to support the organization's ongoing needs.
- High school diploma and some college education or equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience in a customer service environment preferred.
- Proficiency in computer usage, with a preference for experience working with Windows operating systems.
- Strong problem-solving skills and excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Regularly sit and stand
- Use hands, fingers, and arms to use computers and other office equipment
- Use hands, fingers, and arms to lift, squeeze, pinch, grab products/items/supplies
- Reach up, across, or down to retrieve products and supplies
- See, talk, and hear
- Occasionally required to move or lift up to 20 pounds
Sampling of Total Rewards Program:
- Compensation type (FLSA status): Hourly Non-exempt
- Compensation: $20.00 per hour
- Position Type: Full time Contract - Hybrid
- Remote: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- On site: Wednesday
- Medical, dental & vision - click here to view our full package!
- 401k with company match (eligible after 90 days of employment)
- Employee assistance program
- Pet Insurance
Note: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings which are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform their job.