Digital Art Director
Position Type: Full-time salary
Location: Seattle, WA (Hybrid 4x a week onsite)
Reports to: Chief Creative Officer
Direct Reports: 2
In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of quality and craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
As the Digital Art Director, you will be at the heart of bringing strategic, creative ideas to life. Partnering with the Global Chief Creative Officer, you will develop creative strategy to guide our business objectives and brand forward. Success for the Digital AD will be defined by the ability to create strong and effective partnerships among cross functional teams and be able to thrive in a dynamic deadline driven environment. As a proactive leader, you will guide with intuition, identifying challenges before they arise, troubleshooting and then pivoting as needed. You are a team leader, diplomat, and thoughtful leader who not only supports and executes the big ideas, but the tactical details as well.
- Translate brand strategy into powerful and purposeful creative concepts across all channels
- Work alongside the VP Ecommerce and Creative Ops to lead the internal creative process and promote accountability for creative delivery
- Develop and maintain brand guidelines and design standards
- Oversee creative projects from concept to completion ensuring brand standards
- Manage and mentor a team of designers and production artists
- Oversee and lead art direction on all digital, print and brand assets
- Manage the creative calendar for asset production in alignment with marketing, merchandising, and all sales channels
- Collaborate with the Director of Creative Ops and Marketing Manager to establish procedures and process to support the creative direction and maintain brand consistency across all channels in line with campaigns
- Ability to help define and partner with the ecommerce team
- Affinity for the brand and desire to enhance the brand
- 5-7+ years of experience with an in-house creative team in a digital creative capacity
- 3+ years of experience in a Sr Graphic Designer or Art Director Role managing a team of designers and working with cross functional teams
- Ecommerce and Retail experience is required. Catalog experience is a plus
- Experience at both startups and established brands is highly desired
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, utilize resources, stay organized, identify, and address problems and meet deadlines
- Solid understanding of the digital media landscape, including its unique creative challenges.
- Solid understanding of social channels, their capabilities and how creative can be applied across digital channels
- Ability to visualize and verbalize direction for photoshoots, video shoots and visual assets
- Knowledge of web and e-commerce design best practices, including, but not limited to the ability to wireframe, articulate UI/UX decisions, and work with developers to implement modern front-end digital standards
- Strong portfolio demonstrating breadth of design, digital media and photo art direction expertise
- Knowledge of digital ad strategy and design for retargeting ads
- Proficiency with the following software: Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Lightroom, Capture One, FIGMA, Powerpoint
- Familiarity with the following software is a plus: Canto, Smartsheet, Asana, WordPress
- A dedication and love for the outdoors
- Strong interpersonal skills ability to take feedback
- Entrepreneurial, design chops, all elements of our digital eco-system
- Support social from a design perspective
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met of any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform those essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Regularly sit and stand
- Use hands, fingers, and arms to use computers and other office equipment
- Use hands, fingers, and arms to lift, squeeze, pinch, grab products/items/supplies
- Reach up, across, or down to retrieve products and supplies
- See, talk, and hear
- Occasionally required to move or lift up to 20 pounds
Sampling of Total Rewards Program:
- Compensation type: Exempt Salary
- Compensation: $125,000 - $160,000
- Compensation negotiated based on previous experience & qualifications
- Paid Time-off: (For employees who work over 30 hours per week)
- 11 Corporate Holidays
- Paid Vacation days (accrued)
- 2 Volunteer days
- Benefits: (For employees who work over 20 hours per week)
- Medical, dental & vision - click here to view our full package!
- 401k with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Pet Insurance
- Merchandise discounts
- Complimentary employee bag at 90 days of employment
Note: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings which are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform their job.