Principal Frontend Software Engineer- USA ONLY
eSUB Construction Software
San Diego, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2023
Position Title: Principal Frontend Software Engineer FLSA Status: Exempt Position Type: Full-Time /Remote Role Department Name: Engineering Supervisor’s Title: Front-End Team Lead Engineer Why eSUB?If you're bold in your pursuits and passionate about change, then this might be the environment for you! eSUB provides world class, venture backed SaaS and mobile project management solutions to the skilled trades that build projects like the Freedom Towers, airports, major ballparks and tech campuses of the world. If you desire to be mentored by proven executives and collaborate with connected teams, consider joining our team. Purpose of this position:We are seeking a Principal Software Engineer. As a member of the Software Engineering team, the Principal Software Engineer will own the architecture of eSUB’s web application(s), proposing ideas/solutions and mentoring team members to reach our vision of making eSUB best-in-class. This job is highly technical, and being a top code-contributor is expected, and there are many other tasks that will fall on you as well; driving discussions to action plans with other teams: QA, program and product management, field support. This allows you to not only contribute, but also contribute to the direction of the project. What You’ll Do:
- Be a technical leader, collaboratively design and develop with our customer’s needs as paramount.
- Identify gaps in our current web application architecture and lead efforts to improve user experience, performance and quality.
- Drive quality and testing methodologies to ensure robust technical solutions. Create maintainable solutions that meet Product and Engineering needs/standards.
- Guide and mentor team members.
- Abstract and critical thinker and problem solver able to get to the root of difficult challenges.
- You are an experienced and passionate technical leader who is comfortable defining technical solutions.
- You thrive on building robust, rigorously tested systems and components.
- You take pride in your work and the value that it creates.
- You are a believer in moving fast with and quality as key tenets.
- You feel a tremendous sense of urgency to deliver value to our end users, and you tap into that to drive, lead and motivate your colleagues.
- You have experience designing and developing with micro front-end architectures.
- Works independently
- Does not manage any other team members
- Is a team player
- Contributes to the overall team deliverables
- Takes direction from management or other more senior team members
- Requires limited supervision
- Understands the job role and essential functions and can execute on them
- BS or MS in Computer Science or applicable engineering discipline
- 8-10 years of demonstrated experience in software development
- Extensive experience in developing dynamic web applications using React/Redux framework, GraphQL, React-Query
- Familiarity with build tools like Webpack to optimize and bundle application assets
- Expertise in creating responsive layouts to ensure seamless user experience
- Modern toolchain and source control familiarity, e.g., Git
- Familiarity with Micro front end architectures (Micro-services for web apps)
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies, e.g., SCRUM
- Excellent technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills to convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical team members
- Experience with troubleshooting, debugging, code reviews
- Experience in designing architectures and solutions with emphasis on scalability, performance, supportability and testability
- Experience with automation frameworks
- Experience with different development methodologies, strengths and benefits
- Participate in technical discussions, architecture design and reviews
- Contribute to and participate in building solutions that integration into our CI/CD pipeline
- Participate in design of risk management activities including extending and enhancing existing automation frameworks and quality management patterns
- Experience working with internal customers and stakeholders (e.g., Product Management, Client Success)
- Experience working directly with customers if needed
- Preferred experience working in distributed teams
- Talking/Hearing Over Phone & In Person 50%
- Sitting 90%
- Frequent Alpha/Numeric Keyboarding 90%
- Ability to View Computer Monitor 90%
- Take Notes in Written Form 10%