Senior Software Engineer (Python Machine Learning - Motion Analysis)
You will be responsble for building ML-enabled systems that use motion data from wrist-worn smart watch sensors to track strength training exercises and provide live-time feedback.
As one of our early engineering hires, you will work side-by-side with the founding team and have an immense impact on the direction and success of the company. Our product and engineering team is currently six members full-time, and you will report directly to our CTO and co-founder, Gabe Madonna. As our team expands rapidly, you will have the opportunity to grow into an engineering leadership position.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Research & Analysis: You will dive deep into CoPilot's 20M+ sets of exercise motion data to build intuition and form hypotheses for which approaches and models will perform.
- Prototyping & Testing: You will quickly build and iterate on different approaches to better detect important features from motion data and generate accurate and timely feedback for clients.
- Scalable Feature Development: Once you build conviction around a given approach, you will ensure it is cost-effective and scalable, and then meaningfully integrate it into the client workout experience with the help of our mobile and backend engineers.
- Passionate about fitness and engineering: Degrees and resume line items are nice, but you should have a depth of projects that you've contributed to on your own outside of school or work. You aren't afraid to get your hands dirty and prototype fast. Building something that impacts the health of thousands of lives every day should be more exciting than a cushy job at Google to you.
- Thrive with ownership: As an early-stage startup, we operate with a high level of ownership in all departments. While you will receive strategic direction and weekly objectives from your manager, no one will structure your day or micro-manage your engineering process. You will take a high level of ownership over your projects and proactively remove roadblocks to ensure their timely completion. At the end of the day, you are immensely proud of what you have built.
- Experienced: You have an in-depth understanding of the fundamentals of strength training, inertial measurement units (IMUs), signal processing, machine learning, and engineering scalable systems. You have worked on systems that served thousands of users and can build and deploy basic models in your sleep.
- Respectful and honest: We know everyone says this, but we have zero tolerance for assholes. We lead through mutual respect and trust - not fear or hierarchy. We expect the same from every member of the team.
Our culture is fun and casual, but we work hard. From passion projects to hackathons, we are people who take a lot of ownership over our work and aren't afraid to get our hands dirty and build things fast. Our team is motivated not by deadlines or paychecks, but by the life changing impact that our product has on thousands of people around the world.
We are a fully remote company with employees across 20+ states. We organize in-person get-togethers about once per quarter to hang out as a team.
If applying on Wellfound, put a flexing emoji (💪) in your application so we know you took the time to read this!