Convene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We live our values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork) and strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where everyone can be their true selves, where we all show up for each other. In line with our goal to be 1% better every day, we are committed to listening, learning, growing and improving. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to join us on this journey.
We are seeking a Culinary Supervisor to join our Culinary team in New York City. The Culinary Supervisor will report directly to the Area Executive Chef.
What You’ll Do:
The Culinary Supervisor requires experience in high-volume environments, focusing on presentation and conference-style catering. As a Culinary Supervisor, you will be responsible for providing culinary support to locations that are in need. Additionally, you may be tasked with assisting with the maintenance of budgeted food costs, ordering, menu development, sanitation, and HACCP guidelines, as well as conducting daily ordering and inventory.
- Maintain full knowledge of menus, recipes, and other pertinent information that is necessary for the successful execution of event PEOs, as well as Convene’s Perfect Plates philosophy.
- Constantly increasing knowledge of culinary and other products and services
- Responsible for constant sanitation, organization, and proper food handling
- Managing a café with a revolving menu
- Assist in on-boarding new Executive Chef(s)
- Assist in supporting the opening process when required
- Ensure that culinary SOPs are followed
- TaskForce Property Support - support vacancies whenever needed
What We Look For:
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive culinary/kitchen experience, depending upon the formal degree of training
- Extensive catering experience
- High volume, complex food service operations experience – highly desirable
- Institutional and batch cooking experiences are a plus
- Hands-on cooking experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Must be willing to participate in client satisfaction programs/activities
- Flexible and long hours are sometimes required; a rotating work schedule that may include nights and weekends
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
- Ability to travel to US properties and new markets
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Full Time Hourly Rate: $25.00/hour
This role is also eligible for Convene's annual incentive performance bonus plan.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces. With a network of 38 locations across nine cities in the U.S. and UK, Convene thoughtfully combines beautiful yet intuitive design, fully-integrated technology services, and a warm and welcoming environment to create a turnkey solution for extraordinary meeting and work experiences. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Hudson’s Bay Company, Ares, and RXR Realty among its investors and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
At Convene, you’ll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you and your family starting day one
- Medical and insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Flexible vacation time plus time off for your birthday
- A Holiday closure each year to allow all employees to unplug and recharge
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team and the business in the work that you do
- A culture of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity and Teamwork)