We’re seeking a Workplace Supervisor to join our team. The Workplace Supervisor will report directly to the General Manager for our UK property located at 22 Bishopsgate, London.
Please note: candidates must currently reside in the UK and be able to work in the UK without sponsorship.
What You’ll Do:
The Workplace Supervisor is responsible for serving all products with friendly, individualized attention toward each customer. They are also responsible for educating customers about our workplace membership, while also educating them on our coffee and drink offerings. The Workplace Supervisor fulfills any other duties the Service Manager or General Manager assigns and represents Convene in a professional manner. The Workplace Supervisor ensures their fellow Baristas/Bartenders are continuously trained/developed on execution.
- Leads the workplace team in ensuring the highest quality of service and maintains consistent product standards
- Assists the Barista/Bartender with service
- Lead by example with all Company drink recipes and procedures
- Passes monthly re-certifications in a timely manner
- Develop a monthly newsletter to highlight all of the workplace offerings
- Oversee workplace onboarding, site tours, and offboarding of members
- Thoroughly maintains Café checklists/ logs
- Assists as Key Holder / with Café Openings
- Ensures all Convene Policies are respected and thoroughly followed
- Trains and develops team by leading by example
- Greets all customers with fast, friendly, personalized service and develops a rapport with customers
- Reports all customer complaints to the manager on duty
- Responds proactively to prevent customer service situations
- Full knowledge of the coffee and food menu
- Accurately rings sales orders into the cash register and counts back change to customers in a courteous and friendly manner
- Plan and execute workplace community activations from start to finish. This includes but is not limited to, planning, promoting, setting up, executing, and tearing down of events.
- Manage the budget of community programs while having forward thinking/planning.
- Answers customer questions regarding coffee blends, preparation, and product knowledge
- Efficiently cleans the bar area, floor, windows, and Café Equipment (Espresso Machine, Grinders, Urns, Etc.)
- Assists in the distribution of weekly shipments
- Reports all employee accidents, potential safety hazards, and any operational inconsistencies to the manager on duty
- Troubleshoots any member problems dealing with technology, lockers, mail, etc.
- Has a passion for excellence, is detailed oriented, operations-focused, hands-on management style, great organizational skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Works with the purchasing team and General Managers to review all “cafe menu” item mix reports, adjusts low-selling items, and researches new items to allow for fresh new “seasonal” product offerings in the coffee shop café
What We Look For:
- Maintains positive company morale and professional attitude
- Must be able to work overtime, as needed
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear
- Frequently required to use hand-to-finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms
- Regularly required to lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to adjust vision to both day and night lighting and be able to focus on distant and close-range projects
- Regularly required to handle food and hot beverages
- Strong Coffee Knowledge – the ability to train and develop peers
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces. With a network of 38 locations across nine cities in the U.S. and UK, Convene thoughtfully combines beautiful yet intuitive design, fully-integrated technology services, and a warm and welcoming environment to create a turnkey solution for extraordinary meeting and work experiences. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Hudson’s Bay Company, Ares, and RXR Realty among its investors and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
At Convene, you’ll receive:
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off for your birthday
- Participation in our pension scheme with contributions from Convene
- Professional development support
- Wellness subsidy to support your wellbeing
- Savings on bikes and equipment through Convene’s Cycle to Work programme
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team and the business in the work that you do
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.