AV Operations Specialist
Convene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We live our values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork) and strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where everyone can be their true selves, where we all show up for each other. In line with our goal to be 1% better every day, we are committed to listening, learning, growing and improving. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to join us on this journey.
Convene, a global industry leader in premium meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces is seeking an AV Technician also known as the AV Operations Specialist for our property opening in Midtown Manhattan. We are looking for a candidate who exemplifies a passion for Hospitality, Events, and AV Technology along with being a proponent of cultivating a positive and inclusive employee culture. In this role, the AV Operations Specialist will partner with and report directly to the General Manager as well as the Technology Manager.
We are looking for candidates who have availability to interview and start in a new, full-time position as soon as possible.
What You’ll Do:
The AV Operations Specialist provides and supports all services used to deliver technology to our customers and associates including networking, desktop support, audio, video, HSIA, audio & video conferencing, webcasting, and basic lighting for different types of meetings and events. The AV Operations Specialist works closely with customers and the AV Management Team to deliver an excellent meeting, conference, and working experience. The person in this role also works directly with the property and event teams to deliver excellent client experiences.
- Provide ad-hoc troubleshooting and assistance to customers of all technology competency levels.
- Troubleshoot AV equipment, including but not limited to audio, video, lighting, computer networking systems, and hardware.
- Evaluation and troubleshooting of personal computer hardware and software, peripheral devices, mobile devices, and network component problems.
- Pre-program coordination with property teams, and the AV Operations Manager, ensuring that all their technological needs are met and in place for their arrival.
- Provide genuine anticipatory customer service by establishing good working relationships with Convene team members, divisions, and vendors.
- Attend PEO, Pre-Con, and pre-production meetings as needed.
- Support day-to-day floor operations, including set and strike, operating in room equipment, facilitating and supporting other AV Property Functions.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients and assist with any reasonable requests during programs.
- Interact with the Production team to ensure a thorough understanding of the client experience with Convene prior to the start of their meeting/event.
- Assist in any areas of daily operation.
- Participate in collaborative project efforts with both the technology team and other departments.
- Review all departmental SOPs on a quarterly basis.
- Maintain and uphold Convenes cultural standards
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Show initiative and drive to solve problems.
- Portray a polished, professional image according to Convene dress code standards.
What We Look For:
- High school diploma/GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in supporting AV and IT equipment and computer software systems.
- Customer service or hospitality experience preferred.
- Demonstrate knowledge of audiovisual equipment including analog/digital audio mixers, wireless microphone systems, seamless video switchers, and projectors/displays.
- Possess a basic understanding of Crestron and other central control systems.
- Basic knowledge of data networking principles, architecture, and applications.
- Experience in the basic installation, configuration, operation and administration of operating systems, applications and hardware for Macs, PCs, LANs, servers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Apple iWorks suite of business applications.
- Flexible, long, and weekend hours sometimes required.
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects up to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Ability to climb and work on a ladder for lengthy periods of time.
Equipment & Technical Qualifications:
- Audio: 4-48 channel analog/digital mixers, wireless microphone lavaliers and handhelds, push to talk microphone systems, audio recorders. Familiarity with Biamp Server/Forte systems a plus.
- Video: Switchers, projectors, LCD displays, LED Video Walls
- Lighting: Knowledge of Lighting Maps, lighting concepts, and lighting best practices, familiarity with rigging.
- IT: Wi-Fi troubleshooting, connecting hardline internet, Knowledge of DHCP/Static IP addressing, operate, other collaboration tools and equipment
- Hybrid: Familiarity with virtual meeting and event platform functions as well as livestreaming technologies including cameras, encoders, and lighting.
- Control: Familiarity with Crestron control systems and associated hardware
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min: $60,000 Salary Max: $70,000
This role is also eligible for Convene's annual incentive performance bonus plan.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces. With a network of 38 locations across nine cities in the U.S. and UK, Convene thoughtfully combines beautiful yet intuitive design, fully-integrated technology services, and a warm and welcoming environment to create a turnkey solution for extraordinary meeting and work experiences. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Hudson’s Bay Company, Ares, and RXR Realty among its investors and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
At Convene, you’ll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you and your family starting day one
- Medical and insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Flexible vacation time plus time off for your birthday
- A Holiday closure each year to allow all employees to unplug and recharge
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team and the business in the work that you do
- A culture of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity and Teamwork)