Convene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We live our values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork) and strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where everyone can be their true selves, where we all show up for each other. In line with our goal to be 1% better every day, we are committed to listening, learning, growing and improving. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to join us on this journey.
We are seeking an experienced AV Technology Manager to join our Operations team at our Washington DC property. This role will support our technical program planning and execution and will report directly into the General Manager.
What You’ll Do:
The Technology Manager provides and manages all services used to deliver information technology to our customers and associates including networking, desktop support, audio, video, HSIA, audio & video conferencing, webcasting and basic lighting for different types of meetings and events.
Technology Managers work collaboratively to deliver an excellent meeting, conference, and workday experience. They oversee AV Specialists in supporting/executing customer needs and help manage, train and lead specialists in personal, technical and career development/training. The person in this role also works collaboratively with our sales and production teams to ensure seamless execution for our clients.
- The Technology Manager is responsible for Operations Management:
- Provide ad-hoc troubleshooting and assistance to customers of all technology competency levels
- Management/troubleshooting of AV equipment, including but not limited to audio, video, lighting, computer networking systems and hardware; both in-house and client systems
- Coordinate with clients in advance to preprogram and ensure all their technological requirements are seamlessly in place for their arrival
- Provide consultative support to technology sales for client programs
- Enforce adherence to booking guidelines, optimizing space utilization and revenue generation through audits and participation in weekly program execution order meetings
- Provide genuine, anticipatory customer service by establishing good working relationships with Convene team members and vendors
- Attend planning and pre-production meetings
- Direct day-to-day floor operations of AV Specialists, including set and strike, scheduling, etc.
- Develop a weekly schedule for site execution and coordinate with other locations to share resources for optimal efficiency within the area of operations
- Make personal contact and maintain positive relationships with clients and assist with any reasonable requests during programs
- Collaborate with the sales and planning team to gain a comprehensive understanding of the client's experience with Convene prior to the start of their meeting or event
- Thoroughly prepare and deliver comprehensive sales quotes while employing revenue-maximizing strategies in alignment with Convene's standard operating procedures to optimize value and presenting a commitment to excellence and adaptability to industry dynamics
- Assist in any areas of daily operation
- Responsible for Training & Development:
- Assist with developing a positive employee relations climate, including employee engagement, motivation and coaching
- Participate in collaborative project efforts with both the technology team and other departments
- Participate in employee appraisals
- Mentor AV Specialists to provide a consistent level of customer service
- Interview and hire prospective candidates for all positions in the department
- Well-versed in the latest developments in the event industry and audio-visual trends to meet the demands of corporate conferencing seamlessly
- Review and stay current on all departmental SOPs on a quarterly basis
The Technology Manager will be responsible for weekly financial reporting of client programs, tracking labor hours/dollar amounts, and contributing to monthly and quarterly operations reports in conjunction with the location General Manager.
- Review P&L/General Ledger reports for department/location ensuring accuracy
- Approve and submit vendor invoices to Accounts Payable in a timely fashion
- Participate in annual budgeting process for team member’s location
- Maintain and uphold Convene’s cultural standards
- Perform other duties as requested by management
What we look for:
- 4+ years of experience in managing IT and AV equipment, as well as computer software systems
- Proven experience in leadership roles, including leading team members
- Customer service or hospitality experience preferred
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of audiovisual equipment, encompassing analog/digital audio mixers, wireless microphone systems, seamless video switchers, and projectors/displays
- Understanding of Crestron control and hardware endpoints
- Basic knowledge of data networking principles, architecture, and applications
- Experience in the basic installation, configuration, operation, and administration of operating systems, applications, and hardware for Macs, PCs, LANs, and servers.
- Ability to lead and manage team members effectively, collaborating with internal and external clients
- Familiarity with CRM applications
- Flexible, long, and weekend hours sometimes required
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Ability to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
- Ability to climb and work on a ladder for lengthy periods of time
Equipment & Technical Qualifications
- Audio: 4-24 channel analog/digital mixers, wireless microphone lavaliers and handhelds, push to talk microphone systems, audio recorders, Biamp Tesira systems
- Video: Switchers, projectors, LCD displays, Crestron DM/NVX systems
- Lighting: Up lights, GOBOs, Basic dimming
IT: Wi-Fi troubleshooting, connecting hardline internet, Knowledge of DHCP/Static IP addressing, operate and troubleshoot hard/soft video codecs
- Control: Familiarity with Crestron control systems and associated hardware
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min: $70,000 Salary Max: $75,000
This role is also eligible for Convene's annual incentive performance bonus plan.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces. With a network of 38 locations across nine cities in the U.S. and UK, Convene thoughtfully combines beautiful yet intuitive design, fully-integrated technology services, and a warm and welcoming environment to create a turnkey solution for extraordinary meeting and work experiences. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Hudson’s Bay Company, Ares, and RXR Realty among its investors and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
At Convene, you’ll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you and your family starting day one
- Medical and insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Flexible vacation time plus time off for your birthday
- A Holiday closure each year to allow all employees to unplug and recharge
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team and the business in the work that you do
- A culture of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity and Teamwork)