Event Server- Part Time
Convene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We live our values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork) and strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where everyone can be their true selves, where we all show up for each other. In line with our goal to be 1% better every day, we are committed to listening, learning, growing and improving. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to join us on this journey.
Convene is searching for hard working individuals with a background in hospitality/events who have flexible availability to join us as a Part Time Event Server in NYC. This is a great opportunity for reliable candidates that take pride in hospitality/client service, enjoy events, are looking to pick up some extra income and who want to maintain a good work/life balance.
Shifts available (Monday through Friday):
- Morning shift (6:00 am - 2:00 pm / 7:00 am-3:00 pm)
- Mid (9:00 am - 5:00 pm /10:00 am - 6:00 pm)
- Late (11:00 am - 7:00 pm / 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm)
What You’ll Do:
The Event Server, referred internally to as the Hospitality Service Technician, will provide genuine anticipatory service to clients, members, and attendees in all aspects of hospitality and conference services. In this position, you will interact with our clients and ensure they have a great experience at Convene!
- Set up, replenish, maintain, and break down Food and Beverage stations
- Accurately answer client questions about our spaces and culinary offerings in a friendly manner
- Read, understand, and execute Program Execution Orders (PEOs)
- Have full knowledge of menus, recipes, and other pertinent information
- Set up and break down conference rooms and refresh rooms as needed
- Accommodate special client needs and last-minute requests
- Perform facility maintenance
- Responsible for constant sanitation, organization, and proper food handling
- Perform additional duties as assigned
What We Look For:
- 2+ years of server experience
- 1 year of coffee experience is a plus
- Basic knowledge of Food and Beverage Services
- Food Hygiene or Food Handling Certificate preferred
- TIPS Certification preferred
- Flexible and long hours are sometimes required
- Ability to move, carry, push, pull and place objects up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Ability to reach overhead and below the knees
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for an extended period of time
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Part Time Hourly Rate: $21.00
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces. With a network of 38 locations across nine cities in the U.S. and UK, Convene thoughtfully combines beautiful yet intuitive design, fully-integrated technology services, and a warm and welcoming environment to create a turnkey solution for extraordinary meeting and work experiences. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Hudson’s Bay Company, Ares, and RXR Realty among its investors and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
At Convene, you’ll receive:
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team and the business in the work that you do
- A culture of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity and Teamwork)