We’re seeking a Reception Manager to join our team. The Reception Manager will report directly to the Venue Manager.
Please note: The candidate must currently reside in the UK and be able to work in the UK without sponsorship.
What You’ll Do:
We’re looking for a Reception Manager who is organised and customer-focused. The Reception Manager will lead a small team based in the heart of London. The building is over 10 floors with 2 basement levels with a GIA of circa 429,000 sqft. In this role, the Reception Manager is to oversee the day-to-day running of the ground-floor reception area. You will be responsible for appropriately greeting, welcoming, and directing all tenants; and maintaining security and telecommunications systems. We are looking for someone who can effectively engage with our tenants and build meaningful relationships.
- Greet all tenants with enthusiasm and friendliness from their arrival to departure
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times
- Develop relationships with all tenants, security team, and contractors and can communicate dynamically with team, tenants, and security
- You will contribute to tenant satisfaction at all times by providing world-class support to tenant needs and last-minute requests
- To respond to tenant feedback and concerns promptly
- Monitor and maintain a safe and secure working environment for all tenants in the building including, resolving or/and reporting any issues
- Follow checklists and Standard Operating Procedures
- Support with facility maintenance ensuring that the building team is aware of any issue.
- Maintain safe, clean, organised, and well-stocked work areas including ordering stationery and supplies
- Responsible for constant sanitation and organization
- Managing the tenant database and updating details when necessary
- Promote the building amenities.
- To provide training and development for the wider team, lead and manage the reception team, and ensure high standards are maintained
- Booking couriers and tenant travel if required
- Manage and organize refreshments and supplies for any tenant events
- Answering the phone, using a laptop/iPad for further communications
- Registering all unannounced building visitors via the CBRE app portal and supporting tenants with guest access
- Logging any FM jobs that are raised in the landlord areas via the app portal
- Supporting the evacuation of the main reception in an evacuation. (No direct involvement with fire safety)
- Any Ad hoc tasks required by the Venue Manager
What We Look For:
- At least one year of administrative experience
- Management experience is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Multitasking and attention to details
- Computer & iPad literate (Google Docs, Microsoft Excel, and Word)
- Ability to move, carry, push, pull, and place objects up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Ability to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for an extended period of time
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces. With a network of 38 locations across nine cities in the U.S. and UK, Convene thoughtfully combines beautiful yet intuitive design, fully-integrated technology services, and a warm and welcoming environment to create a turnkey solution for extraordinary meeting and work experiences. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Hudson’s Bay Company, Ares, and RXR Realty among its investors and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
At Convene, you’ll receive:
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off for your birthday
- Participation in our pension scheme with contributions from Convene
- Professional development support
- Wellness subsidy to support your wellbeing
- Savings on bikes and equipment through Convene’s Cycle to Work programme
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team and the business in the work that you do
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.